cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Moving To Plus.Net From BT

N/A

Hi,

A friend has moved from BT Broadband to Plus.net but he is unable to connect his Thompson Speed Touch 330 usb modem that was supplied by BT to plus.net. He has changed the username@domain and the password the plus.net settings but can not connect. Has anyone managed to get this modem working on plus.net, and if so how? Is it necessary to reinstall it?

Many Thanks, John
4 REPLIES
N/A

There should be no need to reinstall anything.

The first steps are to make sure thr modem is set to use PPPoA and no PPPoE.

Next you need to make sure he is using the correct username.

It should be in the form username@plusdsl.net
In some very rare cases, it may be username@plus.net

If these fail, contact plusNet support, and ask that they check the radius logs for the username in question, to see what the authentication servers report as the error.

If PlusNet supply no error infromation (unavailable), then raise it as a ADSL fault to PlusNet, as it is possibly a setup error on BT's part.
N/A

Thanks for the info Philip.

Do you know how to check that it is using PPPoA? It doesnt use a webpage for configuration like my modem, it uses something similar a to dialup networking setup.

Cheers, John
N/A

ive just got mine workin i downloaded the installation drivers from tiscali's modem download page.try changing your pc's name as that was a problem on my other pc.
N/A

Will that be the 3.0.1 driver release that you can get from http://www.speedtouch.com/support.htm?