cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help For Low Speed Sufferers

N/A

I have been suffering very bad download speeds for while now and decided to check the forums to find help. I then noticed that many of you are suffering the same.
I have tried to solve the problem with PlusNets help and support but they do not seem intent on offering any solution other than balming everything and everybody else. I have connected my pc to my next door neighbours broadband line and it works perfect. I can only come to the conclusion that it i PluNet who ar the problem. After being ignored by plusNet I have decided to take things further. I am able to get help from the BBC Consumer Team on BBC Three Counties Radio. They are very effective when it comes to helping people like us to get our problems sorted. Obviously no company wants bad publicity broadcast on air. I will be speaking to them this coming Monday and getting them on board with this speed issue and plusnet's bad customer service. If you require help with your download or connection speed problem it would be very beneficial for you to contact me so that I can add your name to my list and give the BBC more evidence of our predicament and give more weight to the case. The more people that come with me on this the better it will be and the quicker we will get our problems sorted.
If you wish to take this route with me please send me an email at suffield@vodafone.net with your name, daytime contact telephone number and a full description of the problem you have. I will also need your permision to pass these details to the BBC Consumer Team. They will then be able to contact you in person about the matter.
If you wish to check out just how good this team are feel free to listen to the program. Details of this program can be found at the BBC website. Go to the site and then click on local radio and then Three Counties Radio.
This station covers Bed's, Hearts, & Bucks but don't worry if you are outside this area as I live smack bang in the middle.

Your help is needed

Thanks everyone

Andy " very disgruntled customer"
10 REPLIES
N/A

LMAO

I wonder if they have heard of ADSL or its inherant problems down at BBC Three Counties?

Is it available online - I'd love to hear the interview!

I wonder if they'll do a piece on how the traffic lights near me aren't always green afterwards?
N/A

Yes it is available online. The main guy in the team is Stephen Rhodes, he is an old face from the BBC and has worked on the watchdog program, This Morning and many others. He also does quite a bit of the under cover work for the BBC programs. The program has a very high sucess rate when it comes to dealing with consumer problems even aginst some of the biggest companies going.
I have had their help before and they had my bank, one of the four big names, bending over backwards to rectify their mistake. On that occasion I received a nice sum of compensation for my troubles and one of their top managers even personally sent my partner a very expensive gift to make his appologies.

Andy
N/A

It's alright saying LMAO,it's not funny! I notice it didn't get filtered out either. PN should be ashamed of the way they are treating customers and making remarks like that just adds to the insult. I have cancelled my service because it was never acceptable and I have paid £47 for the privilege. A pity they weren't as quick to sort all the problems out.
N/A

LMAO

I wonder if they have heard of ADSL or its inherant problems down at BBC Three Counties?

Is it available online - I'd love to hear the interview!

I wonder if they'll do a piece on how the traffic lights near me aren't always green afterwards?

pff :roll:
N/A

bttt
Liam
Grafter

It would appear that despite requests to provide BT Speedtest results, we do not have any so we cannot take this much further within BT for investigation.

Do you think you could do some tests? We need 3, with at least one off-peak (midnight - 4pm). We can then raise a fault with BT if this is an issue with your specific connection.
N/A

Thankyou for that reply. Perhaps you should take the time to look at the communications sent to me by your support team and mabey you will notice that I have made comment about the BT speed test. As a result your team requested Pusnet speed test results instead, which have been provided, about three weeks worth to be precise. Please do not reply to items unless you have the full facts to reply to. Thankyou.
You may also wish to take the time and check the forums. It appears that I am not the only one with speed problems. In fact there seems to be a very large number of people with similar problems. Perhaps everyones computer systems are faulty and your system is perfect. Chances of that?.......I don't think so do you.
This problem has now been put in the hands of the BBC Consumer team. I will also now be checking your advertisements and may contact the OFT and ASA regarding the inability of Plusnet to provide the service it advertises.
ady
Grafter

there is only a high number of people posting about problems with max adsl, because they people WITH a working high speed max DSL dont bother to post, so this forum is compelted bias'd against plusnet, even tho there are many ppl with slow speed ( me aswell ) the wider picture is probably we are the minority .
thx ady
N/A

So a minority doesn't matter? I think it is a Human condition and you are probably right.As any minority group will tell you, it's not very nice.
N/A

lmartin/suffield

I am experiencing the exact same speed issues that you are and it is becoming even more frustrating every day that nothing, absolutely nothing is being done to resolve this!!

I have provided BT speed tests nearly two weeks ago (240kbps for an 8Mb service) and my call was closed with a supposed resolution to my issue!!!! Well at least, some technical talk was used as an excuse that it was fixed! I wasnt even consulted to see if the problem was fixed before the call was closed!!

I am on a monthly contract and am very close to cancelling my subscription, not that PN would care, but I am getting so hacked off with an unusable connection that I might not have any other choice!!

Guys, please do something about this issue, or at least tell us when we can expect a normal service!!

Geoff