cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have i been upgraded!

N/A

Have i been upgraded!

Can anyone help me, I'm wondering if my connection has been upgraded. I'm currently on ADSL Home 512 and my router tells me this:

DSL Connection Details
DSL Line (Wire Pair): Line 1 (inner pair)
Protocol: G.DMT
Downstream Rate: 2272 kbps
Upstream Rate: 288 kbps
Channel: Fast
Current Noise Margin: 20.0 dB (Downstream), 21.0 dB (Upstream)
Current Attenuation: 36.9 dB (Downstream), 20.5 dB (Upstream)
Current Output Power: 20.1 dB (Downstream), 11.8 dB (Upstream)
DSLAM Vendor Information: Country: {B5} Vendor: {TSTC} Specific: {0}
PVC Info: 0/38

But a speed test tells me this:

Downstream 217 Kbps (27.1 KB/sec) 234 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 162 Kbps (20.3 KB/sec) 174 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Any ideas.
Thanks in advance,
Dean
ps. go easy it's my first post Shockedops: 2nd post Shockedops:
21 REPLIES
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

javac yes you have been upgraded just phone plusnet tell them your line is 2meg now and they will put you on 2meg

i had to phone them to putme on 2meg because i did get upgraded early
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

Thanks for that info, thats brilliant Cheesy
Hopefully my line will one day support something decent rather than the rubbish speeds i've been getting recently!!
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

Mmmmm, starting to think some of the things I read on the these forums could be true. I have to wait until tomorrow, because the package that I've been paying for all this time no longer exists. I'm guessing that they will sell me a new one tomorrow. Sad
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

no phone plusnet tell them your line is 2meg and they will put you on 2meg
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

No, still no joy, I have to come back tomorrow and find another package.It looks like I won't be getting a FREE upgrade, it'll cost me somewhere! :x
Eserim
Rising Star

Have i been upgraded!

same here - I've been told I have to choose a new package before getting the speed upgade.

Bah!

Chris
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

I just upgraded to 2mb 21.99 a month thing from my 1mb home
Eserim
Rising Star

Have i been upgraded!

I'll be paying the £15 to go down to Plus, gain somethings, but loose static IP and save £4 a month.

Chris
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

can you still use peer to peer with premier 2mb?
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

Erh i am guessing so but my account wont get upgraded to 2mb untill may 10th i think. Cause its classed as a downgrade
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

my exchange upgrade is pencilled in for July! what a jip. I did try to pay the £14.99 one off payment, but they said it couldn't be done as I pay by direct debit. Orange & BT manage to take variable amounts of money from my account each month, strange that PlusNet can't. Until then, It's 512k for me.
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

my exchange upgrade is pencilled in for July! what a jip. I did try to pay the £14.99 one off payment, but they said it couldn't be done as I pay by direct debit. Orange & BT manage to take variable amounts of money from my account each month, strange that PlusNet can't. Until then, It's 512k for me.

How do you know your upgrade is then..where do you go to find out?
Alecto
Grafter

Have i been upgraded!

You certainly can, with download speeds of 220kB if Azureus is telling the truth. Tongue
N/A

Have i been upgraded!

You certainly can, with download speeds of 220kB if Azureus is telling the truth. Tongue

that's great! - I downloaded azureus recently - it's off topic I know but where is a good place to download? if you wouldn't minf that is Smiley

Superficial@superficial.plus.com

Thanks!