cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have I been Upgraded?

N/A

Have I been Upgraded?

I've been reading posts about people getting moved over to MaxDSL and general consensus seems to be that people have received an email about moving.

I've not received an email as of yet but just after tea time this evening I noticed I had a higher latency in Counterstrike. While I was investigating I ran the speed test to see if there was anything funny there. It was reporting speeds of around 3MB/sec (got one ridiculous result that I'd got 27MB/sec). I've even seen a post that says that the speed test doesn't work with MaxDSL things.

Any suggestions about what's going on?
2 REPLIES
Midville
Grafter

Have I been Upgraded?

What does your connection status say? If its saying above 2.2Mb then you have, can you look at your stats on your router/modem? Sometimes when downloading files you get the odd blip.
N/A

Have I been Upgraded?

Connection Settings say that I should expect speeds of 2000Kbps but I'm still getting 3MBps+ on the speed tester.

To add to this starting at about 1 last night my router couldn't connect. I fixed it this morning by changing it from PPPoE to PPPoA. I don't know what this means or if it's relevant.

Router stats are:

Statistics Downstream Upstream
Line Rate 1152 Kbps 288 Kbps
Attainable Line Rate 6816 Kbps 1068 Kbps
Noise Margin 28.5 dB 24.0 dB
Line Attenuation 33.5 dB 24.5 dB
Output Power 12.2 dBm 18.7 dBm