cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone else hadthis issue with initial activation?

N/A

Having signed-up last week, PlusNet sent details to my bank to set up a DD (HSBC). HSBC confirmed on Monday evening to me that the DD was setup and that the isp should be aware of this Cheesy .

PlusNet say that they haven't received conf from my bank Sad so have not placed my activation order with BT Cry . This is despite the fact that I can quote the unique Plus Net DD ref that they sent to HSBC (i.e proof that it is active).

OKay, I'm being impatient, but I also know that I have somewhere between some hope and no hope of getting my activation set up this side of new year unless it is placed with BT asap (don't you love the xmas rush?! :twisted: ).

Just wondered if this is typical, 's all....
13 REPLIES
N/A

Should've paid your initial month/activation with your credit/debit card m8 :roll: you'd have been sorted there and then!
Community Veteran

I suspect when PN said 'my bank' they actually meant PlusNet's bank. Only when PlusNet get confirmation from their bankers that the DD has been setup will they place the order with BT. There can sometimes be an inter-bank delay or a delay at PlusNets bankers before PlusNet are informed.

This can and has taken some up to 10 days to complete this DD setup process.
N/A

Great!!!! No chance before the new year then!!!!! Wish they could have informed me of this fact during the sign-up! I'm getting the idea that, despite the fact the "very approachable" customers services team was one of the reasons I signed up with these guys, honest communication is not a forte!
N/A

Just placed a ticket asking for an honest ETA and an explanation why the delay and why it was not notified to me. Will post any response here if anyone is interested.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

On the sign up page where it asks for what method of payment you wish to use it explains the differents in the 3 options, which are:

Credit card only

Direct debit only
Can take upto 7* days for direct debit to be setup before your order is placed

Direct Debit and Credit Card
Initial payment taken from credit card meaning activation will be sent a lot quicker. Following payments will be taken via direct debit

* Can't remember exact time span, just guessing at 7 days.

These obviously aren't the exact wording, but it is something along those lines.

Phil
N/A

Cheers Phil!

Must admit I didn't see a wording that suggested more than 3 days... I'm open to error ofcourse! My concern is just to get an honest answer from Plusnet. Frustratingly I know my bank had the DD up and working well within 3 working days.

I don't mind any understandable delays as long as they are honestly explained.
Community Veteran

The payment page says:

Please choose how you want to pay for your account from the options below.

Pay by Direct Debit

Direct Debit with my first payment on Credit/Debit card
Your account will be processed instantly
You can elect to pay your first payment with Credit/Debit Card. This means your account will be set up straight away, and payments will start to be taken from your Direct Debit as soon as your bank has confirmed the Instruction with us.

Pay by Direct Debit only
Your account will be processed in 3 to 5 days
Your account will be processed once your bank has approved your Direct Debit instruction in 3 to 5 working days.

Pay by Credit Card
I would like to pay by Credit Card only
Your account will be processed instantly
Pay for your account solely with credit card. We will debit your card automatically when you are due to be billed. Note that we can not accept debit card payments during sign up, this includes Visa Electron cards

Normally it will be 3 to 5 working days but sometimes it can be longer as I stated earlier.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Thanks Peter, that's the one I was thinking of!

Phil
N/A

yep... thanks lads!

It does seem that Peter's ref to their choosing "your bank" over the infact delay seeming to be with thier bank is the route of it. As i said, I know it was active and running at my end.

Perhaps they will update thier text to reflect this, in due time.

Will wait and see as to when it is finally processessed by PlusNet. I think I'm reasonable guy and I don't mind honest delays!

Thanks for your comments!
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,

Short of the information you have already been offered by support, there is nothing further I can add.

Whilst no support agent is in any way trying to claim you are telling a lie when you say it is active with the bank, we are unable to take that risk. Why? Well, it is quite easy to obtain the referance code, even when your bank has rejected the direct debit.

Beyond that, we cannot force activate a Direct Debit, and without an active form of payment, we cannot submit a order to BT.

It isn't too late to call support and provide payment card details to start the order immediatly. The following link provides details on when orders should be completed, bassed on the time the order is submitted.

http://users.plus.net/status/archive/1134044601.htm

Kind Regards,
N/A

Without wishing to seem rude it appears obvious to me. I understood the wording when i signed up and had the 1st payment taken from my debit card.
N/A

No offence taken! It was an honest comment though, and maybe a career in comms has made me a little pedantic about wording.... however, good news is that I now have a provisional activation date of Christmas Eve and, touch wood, everything goes through fine!

Actually one, I guess prob obvious to some, question... the initial payment taken to cover the first months subscription and activation (approx £39 in this case), does the next sub come about a month after the activation or do they take another one straight away. Slightly confusing order of stuff on the Order Tracker makes it seem like they will be taking two seperate payments (one as part of setup phase the other a monthly sub once activation is completed). Yet it all both seem to be in the one payment, I presume this is to cover usage for different payment methods and plans.
N/A

Your next payment will be taken one month after your activation date, i.e. 24th. January 2006