Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anybody Got ther ADSL Max fixed?

ipdialup
Grafter

Hi,

Just wondering really, I'm in the same boat as other's here, with regard to ADSL speed re-grade I was originally on a 20:1 contention 2MB service, since the speed upgrade my Line has been solid @ 8132 down and 832 up (I'm on a 20:1 service so get the higher upload) for the last 2 weeks since the speed regrade.

However all my speed tests etc.. and the plus net stable rate page on the portal still show I'm only getting 2000kbps.

I've raised a ticket with support, and all they are telling me is their is already an issue open to sort out problems with Delta Reports from BT not arriving, and that their is nothing they can do?

Has anybody had any luck in getting their stable rate speed changed manually or suggestions on what to try next, or do I just have to sit and wait for a number more weeks?

Cheers,
7 REPLIES
N/A

I got..

Dear Mr Williams,
I can confirm that your line was upgraded to the MaxDSL service on 03/05/06. During the first 10 days the line will be self adaptive as it will be trying to determine what the optimum speed is on your line. However, this process doesn't appear to have been completed on your line.

We are investigating a problem of this nature and have now added your account to the investigation. Please refer to this ticket for further correspondence.
N/A

I have a strange problem. I thought my new bb max was not right i used to be on a 2meg account and would download at 220 accoring to the speed tests on the website. That was using a Sony laptop FS315M. and a WRT54gs wireless router and a X modem M3. Then my BB was Maxed and my stable rate was set at approx 6500. which should give me a dl of approx 600k (some test say that).

Now the interesting part. If i do a speed test from the plus net pages it still reports my rate the same as my 2 meg connection. (roughly) That is if i do it using my Sony laptop and wireless "g". However if i run the same test using a the computer connected via a lan port to my router, i get my max speed results i.i 4500 and down load of approx 600k. Very strange. This situation is repeated no matter what test site i goto including the bbmax site. I even remote desktop to my server and tried a speed test using that and it gave the 4500/ 600k download that it gives when connected via lan to router. This has got me beat!!

Just done some reading elsewhere. Turns out the Intel 2200 wireless chipset is responsible. Just tried my sons wireless--Broadcom and get max speeds. Seems like a common issue for the Intel 2200.
N/A

Re: Has anybody Got ther ADSL Max fixed?

Has anybody had any luck in getting their stable rate speed changed manually or suggestions on what to try next, or do I just have to sit and wait for a number more weeks?

I'm in a similar boat. My synch speed has increased and settled around the 4.5Mb mark but my download speed from speed test sites and places like easynews (which will saturate just about any connection) still come in at around 2.2Mb.

Plusnet support told me initially that I must wait 10 days for BT to set my MSR and then (now the 10 days is up) that "This is because your maximum speed has been set at what BT has reported to be your stable rate", which isn't what I understood would happen at all - surely the stable rate would be what I was set to synch at?

[edit]

Checking the plusnet speed page here gives 2500Kbps as my "Data Rate" - I'm confused as to why since my connection has been pretty much 100% solid at the 4.5M sync level for the last few days. I read about the advantage of disconnecting and reconnecting so have tried that once a day most days but nothing seems to have changed.

Does anyone know how this figure is reached? I assumed it would be the synch speed where your line remained stable but it's clearly not that simple. Sad
N/A

I have a strange problem. I thought my new bb max was not right i used to be on a 2meg account and would download at 220 accoring to the speed tests on the website. That was using a Sony laptop FS315M. and a WRT54gs wireless router and a X modem M3. Then my BB was Maxed and my stable rate was set at approx 6500. which should give me a dl of approx 600k (some test say that).

Now the interesting part. If i do a speed test from the plus net pages it still reports my rate the same as my 2 meg connection. (roughly) That is if i do it using my Sony laptop and wireless "g". However if i run the same test using a the computer connected via a lan port to my router, i get my max speed results i.i 4500 and down load of approx 600k. Very strange. This situation is repeated no matter what test site i goto including the bbmax site. I even remote desktop to my server and tried a speed test using that and it gave the 4500/ 600k download that it gives when connected via lan to router. This has got me beat!!

Just done some reading elsewhere. Turns out the Intel 2200 wireless chipset is responsible. Just tried my sons wireless--Broadcom and get max speeds. Seems like a common issue for the Intel 2200.

Hi can you provide a link to the problems with the Intel 2200 wireless chipset?

Thanks.
N/A

daviez
Grafter

I have similar problems. Router syncing at 7168kbps, with d/stream attentuation 45db and SNR 6db.

PN claim my stable rate is 4Mbs, and I do now get this on all speed tests - having been stuck at < 1Mb for the first 15 days.

According to the BT speedtest (the one where I have to change my router access credentials), I have seen anything up to 5.5Mbs.

I just spoke with PN support and they told me that even though my router is syncing at 7168kbps, my throughput speed is capped at 4Mbs by BT as they cant make it any higher as my SNR will drop lower if they do, making my connection unstable.

I understood the SNR was affected by the line sync speed, not the data throughput speed?
N/A

I understood the SNR was affected by the line sync speed, not the data throughput speed?

I did as suggested elsewhere and rebooted my router once a day for a few days and my stable rate as reported on the portal has increased to 4000.

I still don't seem able to download at anything quicker than about 295kBps (~2400kbps) but at least that's one possible issue solved.

Like you though, I'm thoroughly confused about the whole thing - why would synch rate not be the limiting factor of a connection? Surely if the synch rate is too high then the error rate would be massive (it's currently 0.04%) and/or disconnects would occur (my connection is pretty-much rock-solid)?

Geoff