cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Anyone Else Noticed ?

N/A

Has Anyone Else Noticed ?

At presesnt I am off work due to illness. When using ADSL during the day, speeds are quite good. From about 4pm. it begins to slow down and after 7pm. speeds become a joke,though an unfunny one. At about ii.00.to.11.30pm I have noticed a sudden increase in speeds until they approach something more like ADSL speeds. These times appear to coincide with people returning home from work and going to bed in the later evening. Could the slow down be due to volume of traffic, or possibly lack of capacity ? I would be interested to hear your comments on this.
Regards to all John Taylor
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Has Anyone Else Noticed ?

I would tend to agree with you wholehearedly on this.
Earlier tonight speeds in region of 194Kbps(down) 92Kbps(up), then a sudden increase to
443Kbps (down), 94Kbps (up).

It would be good to hear the whole truth about this phenomena from a plusnet representative.

--
PCSensei
Dabbler

My experience too - definitely seems to be rush-hour problems. Which seems to make a nonsense of Plus Nets statements that they have plenty of capacity.
Grimbo
Grafter

> My experience too - definitely seems to be rush-hour problems. Which seems to make a nonsense of Plus Nets statements that they have plenty of capacity.

Agreed. The worrying thing is that this is the thin end of the wedge. It will get worse... give it three weeks and we will be back to 100 messages per day here complaining.
N/A

> > My experience too - definitely seems to be rush-hour problems. Which seems to make a nonsense of Plus Nets statements that they have plenty of capacity.
>

I have noticed that too!

My wife shows off the connection during the day to all our friends, but I can't do that when I return from work!

When is the new pipe being brought forward to?

John

N/A

A pipe does take time to fit. We have now pulled it forward to a date of ASAP. We will announce a date for the new pipe as soon as we have more information from our fat pipe supplier.

Kind regards

Kevin
--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
Grimbo
Grafter

> A pipe does take time to fit. We have now pulled it forward to a date of ASAP.

So they haven't actually given you a date? See my earlier posting about BT.

You need to nag them about a date and then you need to call them every day to make sure that the date hasn't changed.
N/A

Hi Grimbo,

The original date was the 28th. Our management is dealing with BT to pull this date forward. As soon as we have more information, we will of course inform our users.

Kind regards

Kevin
--
--
| Kevin Revill ............... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| PlusNet Customer Support .......... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. ....... @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Have run a series of bandwidth tests this morning and speed is like a yoyo on "speed" one minute, "downers" the next. Not the best annalogy in the world I know but am sure you know what I mean. So problem is certainly not confined to the so called "busy" periods.
So, heres hoping that "fix" to all these problems experienced by so many loyal customers of yours plusnet is completed very soon.

Why oh why did I sign up for a yearHuhHuh?
Yes I have read the status connectivity notices by customer support. They may be doing their best(perhaps not), how are we to know?