cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware requirements for up to 24Meg LLU Plusnet Broadband

N/A

Does anyone know if there will be a need for any "special" equipment when PlusNet upgrade customers to LLU up to 24Meg? The reason I ask is that I may be in the market for a new router soon and as must as most new kit is ADSL2+ compliant, I think saw somewhere that the likes of UKOnline which is based on the EasyNet platform, require you to have special equipment to connect. Should PlustNet make 24Meg available in my area through EasyNet will I also need to have a special modem or will any old ADSL2+ kit do the job?

Also is any able to recommend a good, reasonably priced, ADSL 2+ wireless router? I am currently using a Netgear DG814 router which I am very happy with, so I am tempted to just upgrade to the Netgear DG834G (which if I undersatnd correctly is upgradable to be ADSL2+ compatible?). Are there any other good products that people can recommend.; I am not overly fussed about range/speed of the wireless connection, more the price/quality/ease of use of the router.

Many thanks!
RB
3 REPLIES
N/A

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?quicklinx=3QYJ&fb=468&InMerch=1
i haven't had any problems with mine but I'm not on ADSL2+ yet.
N/A

Probably best sticking with netgear as you are familiar with them, or moving to linksys, they're generally both good.
N/A

Many thanks for the recommendations... but still no word on what the hardware requirements are for when we get upgraded to 24Meg. Will these standard ADSL 2+ modem/routers be fine, or will there be a need for bespoke equipment? If the latter, maybe there is no point in me shelling out on a new router just yet and maybe consider getting a cheap Wireless acesspoint addon for my existing kit.