cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware problem: reinstalling modem

N/A

Hi everyone Smiley

I've just tried to get my Broadband up and running, but having encountered multiple error messages when reconnecting after a few (couple-of-second long) connections, I attempted to uninstall the modem (BT Voyager 105 I think: standard free modem with package). It said not to pull out the USB cable until prompted, but having let the uninstall program run on the same screen for about 5mins with no change, no message or anything (the red Data light on the PC stopped flashing too) I restarted and subsequently couldn't reinstall the modem (surprise surprise).

I remember it saying somewhere that there was a way to fix this before attempting the uninstall: can anyone tell me what it is or where to find it? I realise now that the error mesages (majority were 721 I think: the one where the remote computer doesn't reply) were probably caused by the faults at PlusNet end: can someone confirm this, and if I'm, wrong, give me some advice on that too? I checked all the settings and they're what they should be.

FYI: I'm running XP Prof. and this is my first time connectionfg to broadband without a network and someone who knows what they're doing. Thanks to anyone who can help me Smiley

Dawn...
2 REPLIES
N/A

The simple solution is to roll XP back by using system restore and go back before you installed the modem. This should give you a clean run seting it up. Run the install and dont plug the usb into the pc until it ask you to do it. You can plug the modem into the phone ready.

If its first time you will have to enter your username/password. Make sure you have got the filters in place
N/A

Ah, I'll give it a go and see if it works. Thanks very much Smiley