cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy but for one thing, can anyone shed any light?

N/A

Ok by and large i am very happy with plusnet, I dont download huge amounts i think i have been near 10 gig in one month once in god knows how long but i do however enjoy playing my xbox online.

The problem is for a few months now the service has been crap at night, I mean from about 6pm onwards (i switch off about 8 - 9 so anything after that i have no idea about).

I am getting a ton of lag even from uk servers which results in me getting slaughtered by all on sundry when i should be slaughtering them. I could understand it if i were playing on us servers or asian but when its my pal from leeds and his server its getting beyond a joke.

Is there anything that can be done or will i have to find pastures new?

Oh and one more thing, Before the problems with lag i could host 6 quite easily but now i struggle to host 2?
3 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

There are currently issues with Gaming and VPNs that Plusnet engineers are currently investigating. I can vouch for that as I have been helping them in their enquiries.

They are trying to get to the bottom of the issues and come up with a resolution to get performance back to normal. Give them a little more time and I'm sure they'll get it sorted.
N/A

Awesome thanks as i say i am very happy and now you told me that i have no need to go anywhere Smiley

Any idea on how long it will take (i know how 'how long is piece of string' lol but i had to ask)

Thanks again

phill.
LiamM
Grafter

Generally when Plusnet engineers are on to something they do everything they can to get it sorted ASAP. They know there is an issue, and are working hard to get it sorted.

These particular issues require a lot of testing, trial and error and monitoring. I would suspect they're making minor changes to the platform and then monitoring to see it's effect. So it can sometimes take a bit of time - and this is why. But I know they're on the case, and I too hope it is sorted relatively soon. I am confident it will be.