cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPNA Network

N/A

HPNA Network

Thanks everybody with your help on my networking questions. To let you know I connected the 2 pc's together fine with NIC's and crossover cable, transferred my 20gig and can access the net from both machines.
Here is the problem, if you remember my original post I was reluctant to have a cable running upstairs and wireless was too expensive. I did say I was going to bite the bullet and basically put a hole through the ceiling, unfortunately when my wife saw the size of the cable she refused to let me drill a hole through the ceiling!!
So, who knows about HPNA. I have a phone extension upstairs right next to the second PC so from what I have read this seems to be a great way of networking.
The only products I can seem to find though are on US sites, can anybody point me in the right direction to UK sites and any recommended products??
Thanks
2 REPLIES
espresso_mick
Grafter

RE: HPNA Network

N/A

RE: HPNA Network

you only have to make a small hole if you take the plug off they are simple to put on as you just set the colors the same as the other end. Or you could get an old fashion coax cable if you can still get one.

> Thanks everybody with your help on my networking questions. To let you know I connected the 2 pc's together fine with NIC's and crossover cable, transferred my 20gig and can access the net from both machines.
> Here is the problem, if you remember my original post I was reluctant to have a cable running upstairs and wireless was too expensive. I did say I was going to bite the bullet and basically put a hole through the ceiling, unfortunately when my wife saw the size of the cable she refused to let me drill a hole through the ceiling!!
> So, who knows about HPNA. I have a phone extension upstairs right next to the second PC so from what I have read this seems to be a great way of networking.
> The only products I can seem to find though are on US sites, can anybody point me in the right direction to UK sites and any recommended products??
> Thanks
>