cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP......PCI ADSL CARD

N/A

HELP......PCI ADSL CARD

USB is plug and play, PCI is cheaper but requires more to set up.......Is there an idiots guide to setting up a PCI card for an absolute beginner....?? I have tried to follow the instructions supplied, but they are not helping me!!

My ADSL is enabled but I`m not on-line surfing till I get the set-up right.......
16 REPLIES
N/A

RE: HELP......PCI ADSL CARD

How far have you got? Is the card installed physically? and have you installed the drivers?

I set mine up today and used the setup program on the CD-ROM. Works OK now but I keep getting disconnected when I answer the phone!!
N/A

> USB is plug and play, PCI is cheaper but requires more to set up.......Is there an idiots guide to setting up a PCI card for an absolute beginner....?? I have tried to follow the instructions supplied, but they are not helping me!!
>
> My ADSL is enabled but I`m not on-line surfing till I get the set-up right.......

Further to this..all splitters /filters are in place..Just need help as to where all the settings go
N/A

> How far have you got? Is the card installed physically? and have you installed the drivers?
>
> I set mine up today and used the setup program on the CD-ROM. Works OK now but I keep getting disconnected when I answer the phone!!

ASDL modem is fitted with Drivers installed from the CD rom.......Now I thought that if I just selected Interner Explorer or MSN, it would just fire up and go.but comes back with the old connection details about my Dial-up modem?..this was turned off during my attempt to get ADSL working.....
N/A

> USB is plug and play, PCI is cheaper but requires more to set up.......Is there an idiots guide to setting up a PCI card for an absolute beginner....?? I have tried to follow the instructions supplied, but they are not helping me!!
>
> My ADSL is enabled but I`m not on-line surfing till I get the set-up right.......

Have you got 3 new icons on your desktop? If so. you should have ADSL control panel. You need to enter settings that were on the A4 piece of paper that came in the parcel. (If you had one!)
N/A

> > USB is plug and play, PCI is cheaper but requires more to set up.......Is there an idiots guide to setting up a PCI card for an absolute beginner....?? I have tried to follow the instructions supplied, but they are not helping me!!
> >
> > My ADSL is enabled but I`m not on-line surfing till I get the set-up right.......
>
> Have you got 3 new icons on your desktop? If so. you should have ADSL control panel. You need to enter settings that were on the A4 piece of paper that came in the parcel. (If you had one!)

I`ll read again....there is only one icon on the desktop,which does take me to the setup. I`m not able to get past the NETMASK ip for some reason? I must also have to change the paths somewhere in order that my MSN and IE connects to the net?....Ill keep looking here for more info...thanks so far..will have to log out to re-connect the ADSL modem?
N/A

I had problems 1st time round, windows XP decided it would set up for me and it didn't work out! So I went into Device Manager and uninstalled the modem, this puts things back to square 1, then restarted. When windows detected the modem I cancelled installation and used the CD-ROM's setup instead, then following the instructions from plusnet everything went OK.

I did get 3 icons, and you need the control panel one to enter the settings that were on the A4. Hope it helps.
N/A

> I had problems 1st time round, windows XP decided it would set up for me and it didn't work out! So I went into Device Manager and uninstalled the modem, this puts things back to square 1, then restarted. When windows detected the modem I cancelled installation and used the CD-ROM's setup instead, then following the instructions from plusnet everything went OK.
>
> I did get 3 icons, and you need the control panel one to enter the settings that were on the A4. Hope it helps.

Just noticed matey, that there is supposed to be an installation wizard on the cd rom..there is mention of it in the help files,but cant see it on the disk. this is what I`m after as it says it easily helps to install all the settings in the right places......
Jim
Grafter

Try this site

http://www.themad-house.co.uk
it gives detailed instructions on how to setup your modem
N/A

> Try this site
>
> http://www.themad-house.co.uk
> it gives detailed instructions on how to setup your modem

Cheers Jim, this site has helped, but have still got to go some way before I can get online?..I`m supposed to be able to hit the AccesRunner DL button next to the clock which should open up the "Connect To" box where I can enter my user/pass/and zero`s for the phone...but this box is non exist?..all I get is a box telling me that the ADSL is connected..with option to cut off and vice versa... when i try to connect to a web site via IE it tells me I`m not connected, and to re-check that I am connected to the internet ? So I dont have a connection button.......and it looks like I still need to make some changes in my Internet Options or Network settings?.......also noticed and still cant find it...A DSL Wizard should be on the CD rom....but it`s not!!
DerekB
Grafter

You may also find that the instructions witht he card are incorrect for your exchange!

After several days tech support told me to change Line setup to Automatic ITU for modulation and Texas Instruments for ADSL Head End.

that got me working - mind you it's hardly worked since for more than a few hours at a time.
DerekB
Grafter

You may also find that the instructions with the card are incorrect for your exchange!

After several days tech support told me to change Line setup to Automatic ITU for modulation and Texas Instruments for ADSL Head End.

that got me working - although with all the hiccups this last week I've not had much service.
Jim
Grafter

Hi Charles,
I have set mine up to connect through Dial-up networking, just the same as setting up a normal modem, it connects a lot faster.

N/A

>

First for Ali T., I've installed the PCI modem yesterday but had loads of problems which some are still not fixed today. Your problem with the phone calling and talking on the phone and disconnecting, I had that as well. I think it is fixed now but I still haven't fixed it properly.

Solution: It should be the problem with the adsl filter. Think you tried fixing that? Maybe not because both the adsl filter that came had problems. I changed the filter to one that I bought or should I say BTopenworld gave me before and everything was back to normal. Hope that solves you problem. Just get one from any computer store or order one online. Then complain to PlusNet which I will do that laterz.

Back to Charles.

If you are not getting the icons which should appear, which I had that problem as well.

Senario:

Install from the CD wizard. Click pppoa, and install finishes. You get 2 icons, the modem wizard and the modem control panel. If this is the case, you are so far having same problems as I had. The Control Panel or the task bar agent says you are connected to the line but you aren't connect to the internet physically.

Then I tried to go to networks (because I used chinese windows XP platform, I do not know the english names but i will try to translate) and manually make a dail up connection which you should need. It won't let you do this and it lets you set up a DSL connection which doesnt need a user name or password.

Strange but it happened to me.

I started thinking, maybe because I had BTopenworld broadband before then this problem occured. It must be something with windows that messed up.

Anyway, my solution is to format and reinstall windows.

Remember to make backups.

All my problems were fixed afterwards, but my last problem is speed.

PlusNet is not giving my desired speed. I know this because I've been with BTopenworld since it started in 3 different locations, hence 3 new setups.

My current average download speed is around 30K and upload of average 8K which both of them is ridiculous!!!
N/A

> > USB is plug and play, PCI is cheaper but requires more to set up.......Is there an idiots guide to setting up a PCI card for an absolute beginner....?? I have tried to follow the instructions supplied, but they are not helping me!!
> >
> > My ADSL is enabled but I`m not on-line surfing till I get the set-up right.......
>
> First for Ali T., I've installed the PCI modem yesterday but had loads of problems which some are still not fixed today. Your problem with the phone calling and talking on the phone and disconnecting, I had that as well. I think it is fixed now but I still haven't fixed it properly.
>
> Solution: It should be the problem with the adsl filter. Think you tried fixing that? Maybe not because both the adsl filter that came had problems. I changed the filter to one that I bought or should I say BTopenworld gave me before and everything was back to normal. Hope that solves you problem. Just get one from any computer store or order one online. Then complain to PlusNet which I will do that laterz.
>
> Back to Charles.
>
> If you are not getting the icons which should appear, which I had that problem as well.
>
> Senario:
>
> Install from the CD wizard. Click pppoa, and install finishes. You get 2 icons, the modem wizard and the modem control panel. If this is the case, you are so far having same problems as I had. The Control Panel or the task bar agent says you are connected to the line but you aren't connect to the internet physically.
>
> Then I tried to go to networks (because I used chinese windows XP platform, I do not know the english names but i will try to translate) and manually make a dail up connection which you should need. It won't let you do this and it lets you set up a DSL connection which doesnt need a user name or password.
>
> Strange but it happened to me.
>
> I started thinking, maybe because I had BTopenworld broadband before then this problem occured. It must be something with windows that messed up.
>
> Anyway, my solution is to format and reinstall windows.
>
> Remember to make backups.
>
>
> All my problems were fixed afterwards, but my last problem is speed.
>
>
> PlusNet is not giving my desired speed. I know this because I've been with BTopenworld since it started in 3 different locations, hence 3 new setups.
>
> My current average download speed is around 30K and upload of average 8K which both of them is ridiculous!!!

`ve had ADSL for 8 hours now and still cant get connected ? Im using Windows ME, my modem is a H01-ADSLPRO-UK, its a conexant ADSL PCI Modem made by Jetway. According to the Manual, there is supposed to be a DSL Wizard......WHERE?..Ive seen another report of someone else with the same problem??on the google network!!...in my case now..all seems to work except I still can not connect to the web.....I`m supposed to double click the AccesRunnerDL near the clock, which should open the "Connect to" box..where I should enter my user/pass/phone ect. this box does not appear.only a box saying that my line is connectedHuh I try to connect to a web page or MSN and I get the"Check your internet connection" reply....there must be a very simple solution or an idiots guide to sort this problem out??..I`m certain my modem is the same spec as the PCI modems that Plusnet provide...so there should be an explanation as to where one shoold start and finish.......