cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great sync speeds 4.8mb downloads and constipated net why?

Community Veteran

Since the upgrade my web page download speed has slowed down to almost constipated speeds. pages take forever to appear at times.

My sync is 7552Kbps general top download speed is 4.5mbps but browsing is so slow.

I have re-booted router, clared all caches and there is no difference are other poepl finding plusnet slow to use for browsing sincethe maxdsl upgrade.

A
2 REPLIES
N/A

I'm having exactly the same problem -- syncing above 7000kbps, 'stable rate' at either 6500kbps or 6000kbps, but I only ever get 3.8-4.2mbps on various speed testers and downloads.
I raised a ticket with PlusNet, they eventually escalated it to BT, but I just got a standard replying explaining the 14 day stuff and all, and also:
'most issues reported to us are in fact no cause for concern and are instead due to the way the product is designed.'

I tried connecting the modem directly to my computer, bypassing routers, etc., still no change. I don't know if it's contention or PlusNet or BT or what, but it's pretty crap -- I was expecting to see 6mbps throughput.
Community Veteran

I have got the same problem, syncing at +3500, Stable rate was 3M, DL speed 2M.

So I started raising tickets, and Plus.Net’s answer was to reduce my stable rate to 1.5M.

Gee thanks guys.

Chilly