cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Great speed!

N/A

Great speed!

I've just come over from the darkside (Tiscali) they upgraded me to 1 meg and guess what..? i never got 1meg speeds. Telephone calls to indians, e-mails, line engineers telling me to do this and that etc.....
I got rid of them by saying they wernt keeping to their side of the contract. I signed up for plusnet and this is my speed.......
Direction

Actual Speed

True Speed (estimated)
Downstream 1916 Kbps (239.5 KB/sec) 2069 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 248 Kbps (31.0 KB/sec) 267 Kbps (inc. overheads).
Do you think i'm pleased? You could be right!! :lol:
4 REPLIES
N/A

Upgraded

Hi,

Yep!! 2MB service is truelly STONKLY SNAPPY!! its brilliant after having been on ADSL 512K. Yep!! see your pleased with your new service too. This is bye far the best £14.99 I spent in ages, value for money spot on.

Ivan

------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
N/A

Great speed!

Im amazed you got away from Tiscali, those guys are the Masters Of Lockin(tm) how on earth did you achieve escape velocity it took me nearly 2 months to get my line back of them when they bought over World Online.

Also since im a card carrying Sith i demand you take back that slanderous remark on comparing them to the dark side even we Sith have our limits Smiley
N/A

Great speed!

I was on the phone to the cancellation dept, the guy at the other end was saying that if i cancelled it would be a breach of contract and i would have to pay. I replied that they were in breach for not providing the service that they offered. They guy said that in their t's&c's i would have to give 30 days notice i pointed out that they would provide the service that i had paid for and they wernt so i was not paying for another month of crap service. He had a chat with his manager and hey presto i was off within 24 hours! I contacted bt to find out when the marker would be removed and they gave me a date of 7 days after i had cancelled from tiscali....... went smooth Cool
N/A

Great speed!

Im amazed you got away from Tiscali, those guys are the Masters Of Lockin(tm) how on earth did you achieve escape velocity it took me nearly 2 months to get my line back of them when they bought over World Online.

Snap, almost. It took 3 months to escape from the Tiscali jail, in my case.