Got PlusNet Premier Broadband 8 - But Only Connected At 1.5

N/A

Image Says All:

41 REPLIES
N/A

Depends.

If your line has not already been maxed then the maximum you could obtain would be a 2.2Mbps connection result.

Aditionally, check your line stats, if your line is of a poor/low quality it could mean you would be unable to to synch at the higher speeds and would be restricted to 1/2Mb or 1Mb or similar.

If it turns out that you have NOT yet been maxed and the speed in the picture above is the best your line can get, it is unlikely you would get the full 8Mb speeds and possibly only reach 2 or 3Mb.

Checking at:- http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php may give you more information about your line.
Alecto
Grafter

This page tells you how to get the line stats out of your modem (thanks to Kitz).
N/A

Depends.

If your line has not already been maxed then the maximum you could obtain would be a 2.2Mbps connection result.

Aditionally, check your line stats, if your line is of a poor/low quality it could mean you would be unable to to synch at the higher speeds and would be restricted to 1/2Mb or 1Mb or similar.

If it turns out that you have NOT yet been maxed and the speed in the picture above is the best your line can get, it is unlikely you would get the full 8Mb speeds and possibly only reach 2 or 3Mb.

Checking at:- http://www.dslzoneuk.net/checker.php may give you more information about your line.

Checked And I Can Support 8Mb.

Alecto
Grafter

mourby
That is not reliable.
Your line stats as indicated in my earlier post would enable us to give you a better idea.
N/A

mourby
That is not reliable.
Your line stats as indicated in my earlier post would enable us to give you a better idea.

What do i do i scroll down click select my modem, and it gives some instuctions i follow them then it gives some secret options. what next?
N/A

Line attenuation and SNR would be good.

Andrew
shellsong
Grafter

If you don't know how to get them look for the Voyager 105 on kittz site at http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm
N/A

If you don't know how to get them look for the Voyager 105 on kittz site at http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm

Thats What gpattison Pointed Out To Me.
shellsong
Grafter

My apologies! Shockedops:
Alecto
Grafter

What do i do i scroll down click select my modem, and it gives some instuctions i follow them then it gives some secret options. what next?

These are the instructions:

Double click system tray icon which opens the voyager control panel

Press control + F1 which enables the hidden features.

Then just look through the hidden features till you come to the one about stats to get the SNR. I can't tell you which as I've not had a 105, and all the google entries just point to the same Kitz post!!

If you don't get the hidden features, you need to upgrade the firmware.
N/A

My apologies! Shockedops:

No Probemo,

My Problem Is When I Use The Net I Cannot Use The Phone At The Same Time, It Sounds Like Dial Up, And I Ordered Plus Net Broadband Premier.

And I Cant Get Though To Them On The Phone, I Really Want To End This In 1 Month, Can This Be Done Over The Net.
Alecto
Grafter

You didn't give that as a problem before.

that just sounds like you need decent filters, nothing to do with stats. :roll:
N/A

These are the instructions:

Double click system tray icon which opens the voyager control panel

Press control + F1 which enables the hidden features.

Then just look through the hidden features till you come to the one about stats to get the SNR. I can't tell you which as I've not had a 105, and all the google entries just point to the same Kitz post!!

If you don't get the hidden features, you need to upgrade the firmware.

I Get This Box, After The KitZ Instuctions:

Alecto
Grafter

One of the items actually mentions SNR, but you can't spoil anything by starting at the top and going down the list looking at the items till you see a screen giving SNR and attenuation.