cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye everyone

N/A

Goodbye everyone

Well after 6 months great service BT and Plusnet have decided that my line is a "Green light" and due to the fault I have had for 1 month I can no longer receive the ADSL service although I am in the heart of London. God help those who live in rural areas as it will take divine intervention to fix this countries infrastructure. Below is the latest comment for the "support" staff at Plusnet. Read between the lines, "we couldn’t give a sh#t about you". Anyway behind the scenes I will be working hard with my MP Simon Hughes who I went to school with and local trading standards office. Furthermore I have given all the details of the matter to a solicitor to read through. I have far from finished with either Plusnet or BT. Pity it had to come to this and never an apology from Plusnet.

Regards
Geoff

Dear Customer,
Unfortunately I have been informed by BT that no charges are able to be refunded due to there Terms And conditions on this issue state that if a false activation is noticed within the first 3 months of the circuit being activated then all charges will be refunded to you. Unfortunately in your case the fault on BT's system was raised outside this period and hence we are unable to refund you any monies regarding subscription costs or ADSL Set-up fee. Once again I apologise for this but we are also bound by the conditions stated by BT for ADSL provisioning.
Regards,
Keith Hiles
15 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: Goodbye everyone

First of all i do NOT work for plus.net but all i can say it is BT who say yes or no to an ADSL line being turned on... not plus.net or any ISP

It should of been BT who contacted you i think it's bad that you have to be told by plus.net for BT fault...

cUnDaLl
--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
Brickinit
Grafter

well do you suppose this sad little man will be missed? not many people would put the same message on every forum. especially as it looks like he should have posted on a BT forum. if he talks to his MP and solicitor i hope he takes the tangerines out of their mouths first

malc
Roll eyes

> Well after 6 months great service BT and Plusnet have decided that my line is a "Green light" and due to the fault I have had for 1 month I can no longer receive the ADSL service although I am in the heart of London. God help those who live in rural areas as it will take divine intervention to fix this countries infrastructure. Below is the latest comment for the "support" staff at Plusnet. Read between the lines, "we couldn’t give a sh#t about you". Anyway behind the scenes I will be working hard with my MP Simon Hughes who I went to school with and local trading standards office. Furthermore I have given all the details of the matter to a solicitor to read through. I have far from finished with either Plusnet or BT. Pity it had to come to this and never an apology from Plusnet.
>
> Regards
> Geoff
>
> Dear Customer,
> Unfortunately I have been informed by BT that no charges are able to be refunded due to there Terms And conditions on this issue state that if a false activation is noticed within the first 3 months of the circuit being activated then all charges will be refunded to you. Unfortunately in your case the fault on BT's system was raised outside this period and hence we are unable to refund you any monies regarding subscription costs or ADSL Set-up fee. Once again I apologise for this but we are also bound by the conditions stated by BT for ADSL provisioning.
> Regards,
> Keith Hiles
>

chino
Grafter

Very very true...

cUnDaLl

--
1.7 GHz AMD XP, 768MB DDR PC2100 Crucial, 120 GB HD IBM Deskstar

Why do we do it because we can...... Smiley
N/A

I am trying to highlight the problems I have had with my ADSL account I have had for 6 months. Remember this could well happen to you and after spending the money on the equipment including items for Xmas you would be upset as well. Furthermore I have been told that I am not being reinbursed £71 that I was charged on 3 days ago.

I was hoping I few Plusnet customers would be helpful to my cause and some have been, so I should expect comments like yours. However lets look at my shortcomings you mentioned. I posted my comments in the Plusnet forum, as its a Plusnet related issue, I posted in the ADSL forum as its my ADSL account that has the fault and the general forum for the very name general. I did not post in CGI or Games. So exactly what have I done wrong ?
N/A

nothing at all - ignore the dickheads they are the sad little men. They think Im allright and no one else matters.
Brickinit
Grafter

geoff, or may i call you geoffrey?
i can tell you are not happy with the situation but whichever way i look at it i fail to see how it is plusnets fault. surely your gripe is with BT.plusnet only buy the bandwith off BT not your phoneline (lets face it you pay your line rental to BT don't you?)have you taken it up with BT directly?when you say you have had ADSL 6 months have you had problems all that time or is it recently?i think you could have just posted in the ADSL forum to see if anyone else has had a simular problem,if so how they worked through it. as for threats of going to your MP i'm sure he will bendover backwards for you!,and your solicitor will defend you for a huge fee!

ho ho merry christmas

malc
>

I am trying to highlight the problems I have had with my ADSL account I have had for 6 months. Remember this could well happen to you and after spending the money on the equipment including items for Xmas you would be upset as well. Furthermore I have been told that I am not being reinbursed £71 that I was charged on 3 days ago.
>
> I was hoping I few Plusnet customers would be helpful to my cause and some have been, so I should expect comments like yours. However lets look at my shortcomings you mentioned. I posted my comments in the Plusnet forum, as its a Plusnet related issue, I posted in the ADSL forum as its my ADSL account that has the fault and the general forum for the very name general. I did not post in CGI or Games. So exactly what have I done wrong ?

N/A

Geoff

You say you posted in the forums.......but did you actually raise a ticket with plusnet customer support ??

Although I think a couple of the plusnet guys read the forums I dont think they are not obliged to respond.

I have raised many tickets this way and although I dont always get the response I'd wanted I have always been answered within 24 hours...
N/A

I for one sympathizes with geoff, i know things can go wrong especially when you consider that its a new technology and plusnet serves many thousands of people every day.
but at the end of the day you are PAYING PLUSNET, not BT and if the service is as bad as you say, you have payed plusnet a large sum of money for very little in return.
so i think just in the interest good customer relaions then they could have looked at this more sympathetically.

david
N/A

Doggo / Malc / Happyhound

I have ackowledged that the fault lies with BT infrastructure. However I have had to push Plusnet all the way with this and I am still not satisfied the outcome is what is actually wrong, rather it has been swept under the preverbial carpet. The matter should have been dealt with much quicker and as I said to Plusnet in my ticket that as a fault ticket grows older the more it becomes a priority to be resolved over other tickets. Common sense really. I can't take much up with BT at all as my contract for the DSL provision is with +net. The local loop into the house is only guaranteed for voice which is fine. The DSL service has been great until this happened. I never had a problem before this. The thing is most people might accept what has happened but I am in a position to do something about it. The legal position is being explored now and I have already reported this matter to trading standards and will be writing to my local MP Simon Hughes not really in specific terms to this account but about how BT and the service providers are promoting and carrying their obligations out in Rotherhithe SE16. It simply isn't acceptable that a service I have paid for for 6 months can suddenly be withdrawn and with no compensation. Although my comments about the MP and solicitor sounded threatening they are simply the facts. The MP is a old boy from my school and the solicitor happens to be my sister. Like a said I am in a position to explore these avenues on mine and others behalfs.
N/A

To John Sharp

I have had an open ticket for close to a month. Please mail me if you would like a full transcript of the ticket. I have nothing to hide. I to concur that Plusnet were great until this matter happened. But my experience has shown me that Plusnet aren't all they are cracked up to be. No one can be 100 % perfect especially relying on BT but they could have done more to fight my corner, been more proactive and appeared to have cared. After all they are getting my money
N/A

David

Thanks for your support. I have all but given up on the DSL line but I want my money back that they took from me on the 12th December 2002. For those of you unaware the money was removed from my account around day 25 of my open fault ticket in which time I have had zero DSL service. To top it all off +net have said that they will not reinburse this amount bearing in mind this covers a period 3 months forward of this date. So due to no fault of my own I have lost my DSL service and being charged for a product I will never be able to receive.
N/A

dear geoff,

good luck to you in your persuit of a fair deal.
it is so easy for plus net to blame bt, but when you try and contact bt about any problems with your adsl account,you are told that the responsibility lies with your isp and they will not discuss the matter any further. I have been having problems myself with frequent disconnections from this service, yet am still paying a monthly fee for a service which is advertised as "always on".

david
N/A

You may well be classified as green light whereby the line might initial have passed but some external force i.e. weather conditions could have degraded the line to the point where it becomes unusable as is and was my case. After three months BT will not compensate the ISP which in turn is not passed onto end user as is my case. So if you are experiencing major probs and you are within the 3 month install date you may want to consider cancelling so at least you get some money back. As for me I have no line and no compensation. The good news this morning is that the solicitor has found a clause in the contract which entitles me to make a claim. Not sure the details but I will this evening. I will post the results when I have them if you want.
N/A

I have to agree with Geoff in some respects, as this principle applies to every purchase made no matter where it's from.

If you buy a product or service it has to live up to what is being claimed. If you buy a product/service from a supplier and they get that product/service from a third party, that is of no concern whatsoever. The original purchase was made from the first line supplier, using their ad' blurb and therefore ALL responsibility to the customer lies with them.

Take instances of holidays from hell. You go on holiday, have a bad time of it because you got food poisoning or was nearly killed because of poor safety at the hotel, the liability for that is with the tour operator you booked it from - NOT the hotel as far as your concerned.

This instance is the same. You have paid for a service from PlusNet, agreeing to their T&C's and theirfore you are bound by their terms - NOT BT's. If BT happen to fail in your case, as the supplier Plusnet are liable to put things right or if the promised service has not been delivered, refund your monies. There really are no if's & buts about it.

Whilst I have had generally good service from Plusnet, it seems that they are passing the buck quite wrongly onto BT's shoulders. They should refund your cash, cancel the ADSL which you say you can't use then THEY should take the issue up with BT, not shove the issue onto little old 1 man consumer to tackle. Come on PlusNet, surely you have the corporate clought to sort these things out.

ps - I'm in no way a legal bod, just an honest joe who doesn't like getting ripped off.