cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glabal download cap?

N/A

Glabal download cap?

I had an interesting conversation with a rep from another ISP today.
In it he mentioned the imminent arrival of a global download cap of 2GB per day, allegedly designed to prevent users running a business on a residential line.

Sounds like b*ll*cks to me, but my curiosity is piqued.
Anyone else heard anything about this, or is it just, as I suspect, a load of old flannel?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Glabal download cap?

Sounds like bull to me.
N/A

Glabal download cap?

Even so 2GB would be an unnatural amount for most people to download in a day....
N/A

Glabal download cap?

No thats rubbish its easy to download more than that in a day. Hell one internet radio steam alone (asking 128kbit) would take up 1.35gig if left running for 24 hours, and theres always someone awake and listing to internet radio from my home connection, then factor in web browsing emails and a little gaming and you have just gone over 2gig without any real downloading. Tonight when I go home im going to be downloading the new version of eve online (yay shiva is out) thats 500meg there and the dvd for world of warcraft (yes I legal own it have the cd emailed to me and need to download the files to be able to play seeing as its not out in the uk). Again I will probably have all that done before I've had change to sit down eat my dinner and actually use my pc.

True I may not be pushing 300+ gig a month like some people but 2 gig a day isnt a lot for some people with purely legal usage.
N/A

Glabal download cap?

Just to add 2 gig is just under 2:30 hours worth of downloading at full rate on a 2mbit line.
N/A

Glabal download cap?

Sorry gotdsl, but downloading 2GB is easy on any ADSL Line. As already mentioned.

Aaron