cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give us compensation or we will walk

N/A

Give us compensation or we will walk

Further to some other discussion re compensation here:

http://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=4443&displ...

I suggest that all users who have had enough after 2 days of a complete outage which is obviously caused by PlusNet's own incompetent upgrade attempt, post here to say that they are willing to walk if PlusNet do not offer 1 month's free connection as compensation.

Starting with me:

"I will change my ADSL provider and stop recommending PlusNet, which I have done regularly until now, if PlusNet does not offer 1 month's free subsciption in compensation for this fiasco"

Oliver Schonrock
username: oschonrock
10 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Give us compensation or we will walk

I would love to get out, but im on an annual contract which was a big mistake Sad
Will be leaving next April and have ceased any refferals, I now reccomend anyone who asks me to go to Nildram already sent my brother and a mate to Nildram.

So thats 2 ppl I know that +Net have lost.

Ali
N/A

Im in the same boat but I have another 11 months of my contract left, Other than this outage I have been happy with the service, but this outage (which still isnt fixed properly) was a joke. If we were compensated for the loss of access (if only enough to cover 2 days worth of 0845 access £28.80 or one months free access), then I would be happy as this is the right thing to do and is comon practice for many other isps.

As for referals I have told 6 people who were looking at adsl not to go with +net over the last few days, and they have since signed up with other isp's. So thats business lost for plusnet and a discount I dont get but I would rather recmomend a service that works than one that doesnt.
N/A

Yeh, ive had 6 months of this extremely unstable network not to mention an inauspicious start which left me without adsl for 9 days but i did get compensation for that.

Ali

N/A

I can't in all honesty say I expect PlusNet to part with a single penny.

We were down for 3 weeks just a few weeks ago as a result of the botched BT exchange DSLAM upgrade. Got no compensation for that - now if they don't pay any in a single case they are hardly likely to do so for thousands of customers.

Regards
N/A

They still owe us for a month they charged us before we got connected after moving home. I spotted the word 'refund' in a message from them Shocked, but months on and not a penny back from them.

They are going to suffer - either in paying out compensation or lost of current/new customers.

So much for ADSL being 'Always On' :lol

They may have unbeatable prices but they also have unbeatable downtimes. 8o
N/A

>
> So much for ADSL being 'Always On' :lol
>

1 of the 3 reasons to go broadband and just a marketing term.

The "free up your phone line" reason is for certain as is the "up to 10x faster" reason (which in itself means the connection will fluctuate).

ADSL = High setup costs with low2high subscriptions (from £20 to £30 p/m)

Cable = Very Low (or FREE atm) setup costs with good value subscriptions (128k £14.99/ 600k £24.99)

Just like the Matrix, I should have taken the blue pill (Cable)! Sad
mike001
Grafter

I think the one thing that +net should do is give us a free 24/7 Unmetered service access number we can dial
in the event off someone or all off us having problems with ADSL.

Even if it is only on a modem.
I for one hate having to use the 0845 pay as you go
just to send them a ticket telling them My/your ADSL has got a problem especially when I am already paying them for 24/7 access,
paying twice is just not on, we should be able to use the unmetered service.

Over to you plusnet users :-)
N/A

I'm with all the above on this one. I'm currently getting speeds similar to a 56k modem (pretty much the same, in fact, 58.9kbps on one test) and it's ridiculous. I've had similarly slow speeds in the past before all this upgrade and outage malarky and was seriously considering demanding a refund and going elsewhere anyway.

If there's no compensation and some serious speed increases by the end of the month then I'll be walking too. I know some people on my road who get the full 512kbps with a different company so why can't I?

I too have withdrawn recommendations obviously.
N/A

Oliver, I agree - I asked for compensation a few months back after a similar shortage, and after balming it on BT guess what the answer was....

The problem is getting enough people seriously involved - if enough people are serious about leaving, then they'll have to at least consider compensation: its all about numbers

> Further to some other discussion re compensation here:
>
> http://portal.plus.net/central.html?action=new_forums&forum_action=display_topic&topic_id=4443&displ...
>
> I suggest that all users who have had enough after 2 days of a complete outage which is obviously caused by PlusNet's own incompetent upgrade attempt, post here to say that they are willing to walk if PlusNet do not offer 1 month's free connection as compensation.
>
> Starting with me:
>
> "I will change my ADSL provider and stop recommending PlusNet, which I have done regularly until now, if PlusNet does not offer 1 month's free subsciption in compensation for this fiasco"
>
> Oliver Schonrock
> username: oschonrock

N/A

Yeah, it's been annoying. Especially as I know it works without my firewall...

What's been most annoying is the lack of service status updates, and the traffic lights displaying green when they should be otherwise.

However, in +nets defence, I've had 3 months of great service. Perhaps there was one night when I couldn't connect, but aside from that it's been good. And it's still £7 cheaper than most places.

If this only lasts a couple of days, and as promised it's fixed ASAP, then a couple of days sans net won't kill me ; )