cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give plusnet a break !!!

N/A

Give plusnet a break !!!

Give the engineers a break sometimes its not their fault Being an engineer myself, not in IT though, I too have been plagued with equipment being probematic as we all have, THANKS BILL GATES windows is super stable all the time NOT !!!!

So, if you post poor results on ADSLguide and plusnet loose buisness, prices go up and we loose in the long run.

Keep up the good work plusnet at least we are told whats going on not like some ISP's I could mention

Mind you a bit of compensation wouldn't go a miss maybe a plusnet mug each or a tshirt or £2000 in a brown paper bag :-) Unmarked notes please !!

Oh and a bag of gobstoppers for those that cant stop moaning LOL

Jim

Jim
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Give plusnet a break !!!

should i tell adsguide not to allow postings and speedtests from all of us on plusnet in case they lose businessHuhHuhHuh??

i notice they came 9th last month, after this months performance i dont even think they will be in the top 20, now that is an achievement to be proud of!

they dont deserve business when they dont keep us informed all of the time....

take a look at the service status postings they have nearly all been copied and pasted from a previous one... the only exception is the time and person posting it.

4 days after having problems and i have still not got a satisfatory web service, in fact if i try and upload to my cgi bit of their hardrive it times out, i have been out for a chinese drank several pints of ***** lager and come home to a timed out connection on a 4 mb upload.

we are entitled to moan, yes i do like gobstoppers and i dont see why if i want to i cant post a poor result, maybe if enough people did this then plusnet may sense the unrest and open their eyes to the fact they have a big problem on their hands.

in your words lol

>
> So, if you post poor results on ADSLguide and plusnet loose buisness, prices go up and we loose in the long run.
>
> Keep up the good work plusnet at least we are told whats going on not like some ISP's I could mention
>
> Mind you a bit of compensation wouldn't go a miss maybe a plusnet mug each or a tshirt or £2000 in a brown paper bag :-) Unmarked notes please !!
>
> Oh and a bag of gobstoppers for those that cant stop moaning LOL
>
> Jim
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Jim

N/A

> Give the engineers a break sometimes its not their fault Being an engineer myself, not in IT

I am engineer in IT.

I really dont think anyone posting here or putting in tickets has any intent to give the plus net engineers and support staff a hard time.

> So, if you post poor results on ADSLguide and plusnet loose buisness, prices go up and we loose in the long run.

If monitor had upstream test wouldnt need to use adslguide upstream test. Just using thie test when I think there is a problem.

You suggest I should counterbalance by testng where this not a problem?

Gobstoppers would be nice! just not the aniseed ones ;-)

:lol

N/A

> > So, if you post poor results on ADSLguide and plusnet loose buisness, prices go up and we loose in the long run.

I doubt the price increase will have any effect, as there will no no users left if it keeps this way, and thus PlusNet won't be able to survive.

I pay enough, and if you think i'd pay even more for a unreliable service

The latest statment is saying now, it will be fixed by end of this week. maybe and maybe not.
But that won't resolve the money i have lost in services i can't and couldn't access during this outage and the present uploading problems, which are more than 3 weeks old.
--
Jason
=====
N/A

Sadly I have had little good service all the time I have been here, which is about 3 weeks.

Certainly if things have not improved by the end of the week, I will be looking around at what else there is. I am not convinced I have had good customer service while I have been here, but assuming that Plus does that well, it is little compensation for the service itself being poor, after all what we really pay for is a good connection and good customer services in the *rare* event that something goes wrong. Not as the standard post, addressed to all users, in this forum

I get the feeling that Plus are trying, some would say very, I hope they have the ability to deliver, but when they say things like ADSL is emerging technology, I just wonder if they are on top of it enough. I have had the dubious good fortune of still paying to my old ISP, so that I have gone back and used that connection (too) many times in the past week, that finishes soon and if it leaves me with problems and on P and G with Plus, then I will serious look around and will have no qualms of posting on other forums I visit like ISPreview.

But I do hope you get it together.
N/A

Hi,

We are pulling out all the stops at the moment and our intention is to start working again later this week on all upgrades and maintenance.

I'm afraid I can't be more specific at the moment but we are hoping to get a announcement out that will convey all relevant information.

Best Regards,

Dave Watson.

--
| David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support. for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

Whilst I agree that there are some out there who have been whinging on about the problems, others have been attempting to assist PlusNet in rectifying their problems, although things have been a bit tongue in cheek.

In common with two of the posters on this thread, I too am an engineer and have suffered the mis-fortune of important bits of kit failing, or worse still a bit of kit failing and the replacement being dead before you even remove it from the box.

I know from my experience that decent networking kit is very expensive and even on a small set-up like the one used by my employers, can be horrendously complex. In spite of all attempts to build in redundancy and plan upgrades, our good friend Murphy is always ready and willing to apply his laws !!

regards

Roy

Saturn
Grafter

> Hi,
>
> We are pulling out all the stops at the moment and our intention is to start working again later this week on all upgrades and maintenance.
>
> I'm afraid I can't be more specific at the moment but we are hoping to get a announcement out that will convey all relevant information.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dave Watson.
>
> --
> | David Watson. Unmetered & ADSL solutions
> | Technical Support. for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

Dave

Your comment above has just scared the living **** out of me! I just hope nothing goes wrong this time because I most certainly won't see the funny side of no service for another protracted period.

I'm sure you guys don't want anything nasty to happen, but neither do your customers. The other thought would be whether another batch of bad publicity could be fatal.
N/A

Sods Law and Murphys Law and its always the last screw that does it :-)

Thinking about it I wouldnt mind a few folk leaving plusnet just think of all that lovely bandwidth to play with!!!

I await my plusnet mug pen and tshirt with bated breath.

One other engineering adage that plusnet might want to think on is -

If it aint broke dont fix it !!!

just when its working fine you add a fat pipe upgrade the platform and bang a whole new set of problems Get my drift Huh??

Jim

N/A

> Whilst I agree that there are some out there who have been whinging on about the problems, others have been attempting to assist PlusNet in rectifying their problems, although things have been a bit tongue in cheek.
>
> In common with two of the posters on this thread, I too am an engineer and have suffered the mis-fortune of important bits of kit failing, or worse still a bit of kit failing and the replacement being dead before you even remove it from the box.
>
> I know from my experience that decent networking kit is very expensive and even on a small set-up like the one used by my employers, can be horrendously complex. In spite of all attempts to build in redundancy and plan upgrades, our good friend Murphy is always ready and willing to apply his laws !!
>
> regards
>
> Roy
>
>

Agreed!! The Law of the Great Sod will always prevail. PlusNet may have suffered some kit/etc misfortunes but having talked to people who use other isp's things seem pretty consistent, ie they are all on a par. It's associated with the rapid popularity increase of adsl and Our Tony's determination to have it all perfect by 2005. My experience of PlusNet is that they at least DO respond to cries for help... many other isp's just can't be arsed (or assed if the edit software works!). Maybe all PlusNet was lacking was a little experience of how awkward customers can be. For my part.. I'm staying with them!