cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ghosts within my telephone system!

N/A

Hiya, this is really strange right, being having this problem all evening. Firstly i noticed that i was on 1mbit instead of 2mbit even though my line stats say i should be on 2mbit, but secondly, im having trouble with using my phone and internet at the same time. I have 2 filters, both of which i've tried using. Plug one into the phone line, telephone plugged into one side, and adsl router into the other. every time i pick up the phone there is a light hiss on the line, then approximately 12 seconds later, my adsl has disconnected and tries to re-connect which you can hear down the phone (odd i know seem as theres a filter in place)

Now this is where it gets really strange, i thought, hmm.. what happens if i put 2 filters together. so i plugged my router and telephone into one, and then plugged this filter straight into the socket labelled telephone on the other filter which is plugged into the bt master socket... now all is working! .. and i've no idea why! lol. Surely this shouldn't be working as the router is going through the filter which is designed for the telephone, and why does it work with 2 and not 1??

Any ideas folks??

Thanks.
2 REPLIES
N/A

yup its definetly the ghost of plusnet past Cheesy
N/A

Hi there,

I am locking this thread in favour of this one.

Please dont cross post as it can lead to confusion and duplication of replies.