cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting slower..

N/A

Getting slower..

oh dear..its not looking good, my first week at plusnet is now almost giving me the same speeds as i got with my old 150 cable connection:

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=a7193c19fa422ba60ca7193c19
10 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Getting slower..

What sort of connection are you on?
Have you checked your exchange status at http://cgi.support.plus.com/exchanges/?
N/A

Getting slower..

hey

im on the easy start 500, have had lots of help from this forum and my exchange status shows red: BT Upgrade ETA : 13/02/2004
but will i have to cope with these slow speeds up until then ? Cry
N/A

Getting slower..

Have you tried the "tweaks" sugested elsewhere on the forum.
N/A

Getting slower..

yes, nothing worked.
N/A

Getting slower..

It is pointless performing any tweaks on your computer if your exchange is showing RED.

Why? Because if your exchange is a known problem, and causing less speed than that is possible, there will be no way to test if your tweaks are effective.

If the exchange pipe is all used up, no tweak in the world will allow it to bypass the problem.

As such, you will have to wait until BT perform works to rectify the problem.
N/A

Getting slower..

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedchart.asp?id=6b94e6bbfa43794e2f6b94e6bb

this is getting silly now. I was using my 56k aol free trial before because no web pages were loading up.
N/A

Getting slower..

As already noted, whilst your exchange is on red, there is nothing you can do. Tweaking may even break your speeds more, so I sugest restoring them until your exchange has been updated.

There is nothing either PlusNet or BT can do, until the required work can take place. Bit dumb to try and fix somthing without the parts needed.
N/A

Getting slower..

This is going to do wonders for Plusnet's
ratings on ADSLguide, the more results like that
are registerd the more they're likely to drop down
in the rankings.
I usually tick the detailed output box and stop the test
just after the download result that way it doesn't get
registered.
Raise a ticket via contact us
and give details of your results and that you've followed everybody's advice on the forum.
Also ensure that you run a scan for virus infection and also run
Ad - Aware.
I basically agree with the previous comments but maybe if you
make this official, there may be a remote possibility of BT
providing a temporary fix given that things are so bad.
Alec
N/A

Getting slower..

There is no temporary fix they could make.

It's like a motor way, unless they make the damned things wider, there is going to be a traffic jam when everybody is using it.

The solution.

1: Rmeove the block, for which there isn;t one.

2: Make the motorway faster. This is what the date is for, to make the paths from your exchange to the DSL network faster.

This isn't just affectly PlusNet. All ISPs using the IPStream platform are affected if the exchange shows as red or amber.

IF BT where to make exceptions for you, they would have to make exceptions for everybody. Clearly not possible.
N/A

Getting slower..

i have rasied a ticket and waiting for a response

thanks again.