cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting more and more Pd off

N/A

Initiallly had ADSL enabled at our exchane 2 weeks ago. router only shows a 1Mb service. I contacted PN who tested line and said yes should support 2Mb we'll have BT sort it. Now I get a ticket with PN stating BT have said line quality will not support 2MB. Stats are below from PN test, but thing is, my mate is on the same exchange, he lives about 300 metres further from the exchange and he is ripping along on 2MB!!! This is really a poor quality of service from either BT or PN!
Surely if the exchange and customers around me can get 2Mb then it is up to BT to fix why I cant. I have no phone extensions just a single BT main box, so it must lie at BT's door to sort it, and also PN to push them to on behalf of their customer who is paying them 22 quid a month!!

xDSL stats.
Upstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 18.5 dB
Margin 21 dB
Errored Seconds 0
HEC Errors 0
Cell Count 188
Speed 288 k
Downstream xDSL Link Info
Loop Loss 33.5 dB
Margin 37 dB
Errored Seconds 0
HEC Errors 0
Cell Count 200
Speed 1152 k
4 REPLIES
N/A

Just because people around you get 2 meg doesnt mean you can. The line doesnt go from the exchange to your house but to somother junction box.

They can pick up your line from anyware so yours may go and extra mile to get to your house. They may have 50 lines to your estate and 60 customers so 10 come from another location. The line could be great up to 50 yards away and the last few feet could be poor quality which draggs the whole thing down.

We have an estate were one side of a road can get ADSL and the other side a few feet away cant get it as the lines so poor.
N/A

yeah, so its up to BT to sort these poor lines out then, noHuh they provide them! why should we pay them for an inferior service compared to the guy next door?Huh
hitachi
Grafter

From your stats there is nothing to fix, they are easily good enough for a 2 meg connection.
What does the exchange checker say for your line.
If it says 1 meg you somehow need plusnet to get it changed to match your stats.
If it says 2meg there should be no problem for plusnet to order it,they may ask you to pay for a regrade,but it is not your fault it was wrongly provided by bt.
N/A

Our initial test on your line indicates that you should be able to have an ADSL broadband service that provides 2Mbps, 1Mbps, 512Kbps or 256Kbps download speed.

So where do I go from here?? PN say BT wont upgrade as my line is only suitable for 1Mb, rubbish. I refuse to pay plusnet for a regrade as it should have been 2Mb to start with. If this goes on like this I'm just cancelling and going straight through BT, at least then I only have one company to deal with.