cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Slower by the minute

N/A

Ok whats happening here..When i first took PN broadband it was great, Download as much as i liked with incredible speed, now the DL has changed in which i aint really bothered about BUT the speed has de-creased with it...Although the speed tests all apart from 1 show between 1.7-1.923Mbs i might as well be on 56k to browse...It takes between 8-20 seconds just to view a page including the PN site...I RE-FORMATED Evil thinking it may be my computer to no avail, i have never needed to tweak anything and now this is getting seriously UN-FUNNY :!: ....
5 REPLIES
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Same here mate (though in my case, it's alledgedly down to my BT exchange being buggered).

Might want to check here:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38563
shellsong
Grafter

Is there any P2P activity going on on your network/computer at the same time? We've been experiencing the same sort of thing which seems to coincide with our son SSHing into his home computer from Uni to start a P2P session! This even seems to happen if he limits the download and upload speeds :?
MysteryFCM
Grafter

No P2P .... however, I've got 3 servers running (HTTP, FTP and SMTP) however, these have never had a bearing on performance prior to this latest incident (and PN have placed restrictions on P2P anyway so thats unlikely to be the cause in your case aswell).
N/A

slow download and page opening

Exactly the same experience here as well. 1.5 mbs is the norm and after doing the checks was told by PN that this is within acceptable limits for a 2mb contract.

Like you I've also noticed that it takes ages to open any internet page, this has been for about the last 6 months.

I'm seriously considering moving to a new ISP
N/A

Its finally happened

:lol: back in September I was seeing yo-yo effect speeds and just a mere 4 months later bt's equipment ( or so I assume from the BT speed test ) has decided now is the best time to retire.

Well I have done all I can do. Just need to wait for Plusnet to get in touch with BT and for BT to reply.

Until either that or something gives on my line or the exchange, I am stuck with a massive avg of 250kbps ( even by bt speed tester ).