cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Freeserve to release the line

N/A

My sister had just signed up with Freeserve when I jumped in and recommended Plusnet instead. As she had a month to change her mind she contacted Freeserve straight away and they haven't charged her. The problem is they haven't released her line either and six weeks on Plusnet are unable to start her subscription because Freeserve are showing as "owning" the line.

Any suggestions?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

This may be obvious or tried already but have you contacted Freeserve and if so what dept and what response have you had?

There is little PlusNet can do until Freeserve releases the line and BT say that plusnet can be the ADSL provider.
N/A

There was also little PlusNet could do for me. They would not release my ADSL line, when I was subscribed to a PlusNet ubscription, and my line couldnt go live.

No, this is not a mis-type, ADSL is just a complete Pain. And talking to freeserve is also a watse of time.
N/A

As noted, there is little you can do but wait in most circumstances.

Are you sure BT have canceled the account (IE won't be billing your sister any more)?

If so, you will ahve to wait it out, until BT Wholesale update there records. For the most part, it is unrelated to Freeserves part in the chain.
N/A

Yes she's spoken to Freeserve

Several times in fact, each time after a half hour wait. They are giving her the runaround.

Given that the ISP is "fronting" a service from BT I wonder if it is possible to contact anyone at BT?
N/A

No there isn't.

Many people have tried and failed in the past, though the odd one or two do. When you phone BT, they try putting you through to BT Retail, which is no good, they themselves are an ISP, with no clout (other that trying to poach you).

The problem is, if they don't get it fixed in the first contact, they may never get through again.

The way it works is that the ISP are BT's customer, and Your the ISPs customer. ADSL is a product from BT Wholesale, and you can't purchase direct from them (unless your a ISP).