cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getin kicked off MSN alot lately??

N/A

Hey guys, for quite some time ive been gettin disconnected from MSN at night time. At first i thought it was msn, but then the final build of WLM was brought out. I looked and found that not many people had the problem of random disconnections. I am not sure whether it is the internet or the MSN program itself causing the problem. so just wanna know if you guys have this rpoblem and any solutions,becauase it is getting very annoying.
8 REPLIES
N/A

I am also having problems with being thrown off the internet as my Voyager keeps going into training mode every 5 or so minutes. Is this the problem you are experiancing.

Let me know at rob_stovell@hotmail.com
Community Veteran

I used to suffer from loss of audio connection (connection has ended) when using it to chat to one of my friends. This seems to have stopped though since I changed to Messenger Live.
N/A

msn disconnections

Hey, I also get cut off msn a lot.

Every night at exactly 00:00 GMT is cuts off without fail, and at other rnadom times I cannot connect. It's the same from all my computers at the same location, yet it works fine with the same computer used at different locations including another house with the same plusnet adsl service? Also I have tried many different versions of msn. ICQ works fine.

How can I prove whether it's a fualt with the router or with plusnet? Any ideas anyone?
N/A

The weird thing is i am able to use the internet, which is why i am stuck between the program and the internet service.

I did notice a pattern emerge, when i download, it disconnects, but i stopped downloads and the disconnections still take place.

Quantumc: This is the same with me, i am unsure whether its the router or the internet service, as my laptop disconnects from WLM also.
N/A

One thing for sure, it won't be Plusnet at fault.
N/A

Re: msn disconnections

Hey, I also get cut off msn a lot.

Every night at exactly 00:00 GMT is cuts off without fail, and at other rnadom times I cannot connect. It's the same from all my computers at the same location, yet it works fine with the same computer used at different locations including another house with the same plusnet adsl service? Also I have tried many different versions of msn. ICQ works fine.

How can I prove whether it's a fualt with the router or with plusnet? Any ideas anyone?

Netgear Router? Upgrade your Router firmware if so. I had this problem with msn kicking me off at 1AM every day. After a firmware upgrade i am now thankfully free of problems.
N/A

Router, what did I say? It even has a clock built into it.
ady
Grafter

i sometimes get this after being constantly conencted to internet for few days, i join msn, and it signs me out.
only if i reconenct will this stop :S

also the new WLM is clashing with my zone alarm firewall

anybody got any links ? ive followed server from google but i still cant log on if my firewall is on