cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a backup Server

N/A

Get a backup Server

I have got a great idea, why don't plusnet have a backup server using RAID technology and so when they have a problem or an upgrade does not work, then they can switch across and revert to the previous system that worked before the upgrade.

Lots of companies deploy these methods as they are usually very successful and cause the least disruption. What do ya think !
--
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Get a backup Server

i agree whole heartedly
i would even pay an extra 1 pound per month i hope you all would pay the extra 1 pound for this service i would like to stay with plusnet

also plusnet is there anychance of 1mb(for home usage i live in blackpool)
N/A

This problem is more likely down to a router/firewall config problem than a router. That said they should have had backups of all those conifgs that could be reloaded as a backout plan.

Its not extra hardware they need its good communication and planning

> I have got a great idea, why don't plusnet have a backup server using RAID technology and so when they have a problem or an upgrade does not work, then they can switch across and revert to the previous system that worked before the upgrade.
>
> Lots of companies deploy these methods as they are usually very successful and cause the least disruption. What do ya think !
>
> --
>

fonejacker
Grafter

Hi Mark,

We run full change control, so have been able to backout to any number of know good configs - The problem is not simply a broken config, but something that is much wider. The guys that know really do need to be allowed to focus on the problem - I get the feeling it would take hours to translate what they are finding into any form of reasonable english.

We will provide a full report as to the events of the last few days once we have fixed the problems and our engineers have had some rest.

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support