cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GB useasge

N/A

GB useasge

Hi,

I am thinking about coming back to plusnet, from AOL. I am looking to take on the 2mb package....but what sort of GB would i require? Is 7gb too much? is 1gb too little?

I play games (Counterstrike CZ) and download various files. I am usually connected 24/7, and use my Internet to download music pieces from various sources (all legal may I add) I also do webcam chat and forum posting.

Any assistance would be appreciated
2 REPLIES
N/A

GB useasge

The good news is that these are not caps, but rather "included data transfer".

This means that you can go boyond any pre-purchased limit you requested, and rather than have access removed, you pay for the aditional use.

On a 2Mb package, this means it costs £31.99 a month, with an included allowance of 4GB.

You can then pre-purchase aditonal 1GB increments for £1.50 in advance.

If you only want to go over your pre-included allowance for 1 month, then you will be chaged £1.90 for each aditional 1GB or part of.

If on a "inclusive bandwidth" package, there is a cost ceiling of £44.99 on 2Mb.
This means you can use as much as you want, and never go above £44.99 a month.

EG, use 50GB of a 6GB inclusive prackage, you only get charged £44.99

As such, choose what you feel is best, at which point, you can change for free at any time in the future, if you need more or less included bandwidth.
N/A

GB useasge

I'm impressed with these Broadband accounts offering inclusive bandwidth and intend to change to one shortly as I work full time and don't use the internet all that much anyway. Having said that I have found Broadband both time saving and enjoyable.

You might be interested to read this news from BT.

http://www.net4nowt.com/isp_news/news_article.asp?News_ID=2183