cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fujitsu FDX310 Speed Problems On 8mb

N/A

Hi
I have recently been upgraded to 8mb from 2mb and my modems control panel now shows me connected at 448 / 8128.
I am using a Fujitsu FDX310 USB modem which appears to be working ok.
My problem is that I am actually getting 2mb as before - I have done speed tests and also checked with bt who say I should get between 6&8 mb no problem.
It feels as though I am hitting a 2mb cap and I at first suspected my modem, but according to things I have found on google the Fujitsu can handle up to 8mb.
I am plugged in to the main phone socket in the house, and for what it's worth I can actually see the exchange from my garden.

So - can anyone shed some light on what might be the problem ?
Is there a patch or hack for my modem, or does it need one ?
As I said - this does not feel like a random speed limit - it's just too close to a normal 2mb connection to be random, so I really think there's something else going on.
Any help much appreciated Smiley
Steve
2 REPLIES
N/A

The Fujitsu FDX310 is an excellent modem and it should be able to handle up to 8Mb. However, what I would do it is to borrow someone else's modem and see what happens. Does the connection speed change, or does it still remains the same?

Why don't you speak to, or email PlusNet support to see what they think?
N/A

I heard it can take upto 10 days before you actually see a proper increase in speed. Something to do with BT's systems.