cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fujitsu FDX310 Modem + Windows XP

N/A

Some time ago I was having problems of disconnections with the Fujitsu FDX310 and XP. It had worked perfectly under Windows 98 previously.
Despite some concerted efforts by plusnet support and from friends in the field of IT, the problem was never resolved.
As a test, other makes of USB adsl modems were tried on my system and they worked fine. Finally, out of desperation, I went back to Windows 98 and lo and behold, no disconnections whatsoever.
Fujitsu were involved from the start of my problems, with phone discussions and e-mails. They were informed that other makes of modem worked fine with XP.
Since reverting back to 98, I have subsequently e-mailed them to inform them that the modem works fine. In previous chats and correspondence with Fujitsu I asked if their driver was XP compatible, they always assured me that it was. I have asked the same question again in this last e-mail. Many days have now passed with no reply from them!? You can deduce what you will from that....
For those in support and contributors to my initial post, thanks for your efforts.
If anyone has this modem working perfectly under XP Pro, I would be so pleased to hear from you.
Thank you for reading,
Roger
6 REPLIES
N/A

You should get rid of it straight away, I tried the same one after reading the reviews. The software would not load after repeated atempts.
N/A

What did you get instead and does it work with XP?
Rog
N/A

Cheesy I have been using this type modem FDX310 and two friends of mine both on Plusnet and we all use XP Pro with no problems at all, Just make sure you download the XP driver from Fujitsu's own web site as the one that came with our modems was dedicated to One-Tel.
The only thing I have problems with is slow synchronising but this is not the modem.
Follow the install procedure correctly install the software before you connect the modem then connect the modem when prompted to do so.
I believe It is one of the most popular ADSL modems currently in use.
N/A

Theres also something called a fdx310 line optimizer on the fujitsu web site
and a USB patch for people who are having disconnection problems.
N/A

Tried these, no improvement whatsover. Hence the reverting back to Windows 98.
Thanks for your post though as the information you gave may be of interest/use to someone else.
Rog
N/A

I have the same modem, After removing a network card windows 98 was corupted, (at lest thats what the guy at the repair shop told me) he then installed winxp on a new hdd for me and when i installed the modem it worked Straight away, i did not even have to reset my computer like you have to with 98!
I never get any d/c!