cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Premier to Plus

Andrea2006
Grafter

From Premier to Plus

I am currently on premier, which is very good, but realised i dont use most of the things available, i wonder if people can tell me what exactly i would lose if i went down to £14.99 a month (plus) ?
Does the download limitations change, will my speed still be the same, or will it decrease?
Please let me know.
Thanks, Andrea
16 REPLIES
N/A

From Premier to Plus

Download limits on Plus are 4GB peak 50GB off peak.
Currently there is a huge problem with BB+ (dial up speeds) affecting a lot of users.
I (and im sure many others) could not recommend switching at the current time, as it's unusable.
N/A

From Premier to Plus

whatever you do, do not switch to plus at the moemnt im on plus now and its absolutely terrible, from midnight to 4 pm its ok but after 4pm forget it, after this time it isnt even worth using at all. Its a complete rip off and a scam, plsnet are saying its a problem but im sure they are doing this to all plus customers after 4pm to try and save there network usage. Most people whoo are just browsing web pages might not notice they have a problem but when you come to download anything you will see your 2, 4, 8meg connection will be downloading a dial up speeds almost. I have another account with plusnet on premier and that is much better.
Zathras
Grafter

From Premier to Plus

I think thats called 'frying pan into the fire'
N/A

From Premier to Plus

Don't bother downgrading. Just done it myself and support has gone done the toilet (even more!) You'd be better advised to switch ISPs.

PlusNet are very unprofessional.
Andrea2006
Grafter

From Premier to Plus

Dont really want to change isp, as plus.net have been very good for me.. Just thought it would be worth downgrading as i dont use much of the things offered in Premier. Thought i could save a little money..
N/A

From Premier to Plus

I agree, whatever you do.. don't downgrade!! I downgraded from the premier product in November after being a dedicated plusnet customer for 3 years and thought i would get a similar service but just without the added extras.

but NOOO.. instead i have a non existant internet service between 4pm and 12pm, slow speeds of less than 200kb instead of the so called 8mb and online gaming is virtually impossible as the connection cuts out halfway through the game.

I would like to upgrade again to the premier option as i never had any problems before, but i refuse to pay another regrade fee off approx £50 for a service i should be getting anyway. Sort yourselves out plusnet!
Community Veteran

From Premier to Plus

Hi Andrea

As others have suggested downgrading to BB+ at present is not the best option.

To assist in determining which product would be best for you, can I ask you to publish your usage stat's for the last three months. They can be found here;
https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php
The "View your history" link near the bottom will show the last three months.
Please include both peak, and off peak usage.

A better option may be PAYG or "pay as you go" for £15 per month, you get 2G of peak usage, and free off peak.

And as you pay for what you use, it does not suffer from the current BB+ issues.

Chilly
Community Veteran

From Premier to Plus

@ barrista

There should be no fee, to upgrade to a higher cost account.
The £15 admin fee only applies when reducing your monthly cost.

Chilly
Andrea2006
Grafter

From Premier to Plus

Hi Andrea

As others have suggested downgrading to BB+ at present is not the best option.

To assist in determining which product would be best for you, can I ask you to publish your usage stat's for the last three months. They can be found here;
https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/index.php
The "View your history" link near the bottom will show the last three months.
Please include both peak, and off peak usage.

A better option may be PAYG or "pay as you go" for £15 per month, you get 2G of peak usage, and free off peak.

And as you pay for what you use, it does not suffer from the current BB+ issues.

Chilly

Here you go, here is the info..
And by looking at it, it looks quite a large amount.. I didnt realise we were using all of that!!!
I do a lot of email and web, along with music streaming...

20 Oct - 19 Nov 7.99GB 1.12GB 9.11GB
20 Nov - 19 Dec 4.88GB 1.88GB 6.76GB
20 Dec - 19 Jan 16.96GB 4.37GB 21.33GB
N/A

From Premier to Plus

Thanks for the tip Chilly. Even though there is no regrade fee i also refuse to pay an additional £82 a year for a premier account when i should be getting a similar service for the £180 i already pay.

I really enjoyed plusnet's service before downgrading but i am seriouly considering moving to another ISP which is more stable.
N/A

From Premier to Plus

Hi andrea2005,

Looking at your peak hours usage figures, you definately should not downgrade to BB+.

I exceeded the 4GB peak usage limit this last month (7GB infact) and at best I was getting 128kbps downstream even though I was only supposed to be on level 2 management (supposedly with level 3, warning email at 10GB and 128Kbps restriction at 12.5GB yet to go).

P.S. Incidentally, now my monthly billing/usage has been reset, the speeds are a lot better, although huge variations between 200Kbps and 6.3Mbps!

P.P.S. Today as an experiment, I'm trying a ethernet/router/modem in place of my previous USB modem(s) - I'm pleased to find that my maximum recorded download speed, which was previously 4.6Mbps with the USB modem has allready measured a 6.3Mbps with the ethernet router/modem - cool. Cheesy
Community Veteran

From Premier to Plus

I will second those comments DO NOT downgrade to BB+
You may not be using the extra features, but you are using the usage allowance.

PAYG may be an option, but could lead to the occasional month where you pay more.

Jelv makes some very interesting points in his post here;
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52795

Chilly
N/A

From Premier to Plus

I was always a marginal premier service user and when my eldest son left home in October our usage fell well within the Plus limits so I downgraded in December. I was happy with the service until 10 days ago, but now my service is typically 120Kb instead of the 1.8MB it was, and is on occassion sub dialup.

Plusnet do not indicate any intention to improve my service, or that of the many of the other people in my position. Things for many on plusnet + are dire, I have no idea what their "business plan" is in this regard but it appears to be to drive people away from this service as fast as possible.

I agree with the comment if you want a cheaper service than premier then plus is not it, you really can really only elsewhere.

Jon
N/A

Pro worker

was paying £29.99 for plus net home worker pro, see 29.99
decided I had probably better regrade to simular product value, primier 2 which was also 29.99

Got whacked with the 14.99 fee...

So... I am wondering... am I downgrading?