Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fritz!Box Fon

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

Fritz!Box Fon

Hi all

I've recent got a Fritz!Box Fon, to handle my VOIP/Telephone. Unfortunately I can't find a way to not use it's own ADSL modem if I want to use its PBX. First question then is does anyone know if it is possible to just use it's PBX functionality while using another router for the ADSL connection?

Because I could only get it to work while using the modem as well, I have given this a try. It syncs at 5Mb instead of the 8Mb I have on my netgear router. It does have a SNR of 12 though, which I guess might go some way to explaining the lower sync. I'm not sure if its the router or BT that is giving me an SNR of 12, as my netgear is also currently at 12, but is synced at 8Mb. Any suggestions on this?

Failing all that, anyone got any suggestions on a nice little VOIP PBX ATA that can handle a BT phone line, and 2 separate VOIP accounts?

Many thanks

Phil
2 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser

Fritz!Box Fon

I should also say I suppose, I'm pretty sure that I'm not on the lastest firmware for the device, so I'm going to give that a go tonight.

Phil
Superuser
Superuser

Fritz!Box Fon

Just updated the firmware in the router and everything seems to work now! Its syncing at 8Mb, and I've got loads of extra features on the control pannel.

Phil