cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friday is D day.....so I'm told?!

N/A

I haven't been able to get any data (can connect) download today, websites just error and the connection appears dead. I raised a ticket and also rang up. Was told all was fine but go through the customer problems page to log a problem.
Is there anyone else who can connect but not get any data download?

I asked the guy on the phone a bit about what has been happening and he says that on Friday there will be a complete shutdown while they go through the upgrade again....yes again!!. Why again I'm not sure.
As for time limit, in fairness he said he was told half an hour and ten hours!! He said he didn't believe either of those timeframes.

Lets wait and see...it's all we can do at the moment.
Oh and the crazy thing that made me laugh tonight, I got my official PlusNet email reminder that they are taking the £22.99 for the next months services in a few days!! lol Services....I like it Cheesy
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Friday is D day.....so I'm told?!

> Lets wait and see...it's all we can do at the moment.
> Oh and the crazy thing that made me laugh tonight, I got my official PlusNet email reminder that they are taking the £22.99 for the next months services in a few days!! lol Services....I like it Cheesy

Well I`ve paid for my connection which went live on monday. Plusnet then informed me in one email they have no PCI modems in stock and in an other email that they are taking my first subscription payment! Sheer bad manners if you ask me!

Not a fantastic start but stuff happens, anyway thier T&C states a week before refunds are made so I`m gonna bear with them on this. I just hope they behave responsibly :naughty:
N/A

stuff happens a lot with plusnet :bandit:
N/A

I've been with plus net since July and was initially told my pci modem was out of stock. It took 3 days from this point before the adsl modem was delivered which I didn't feel was too bad.

A bit aggrieved about the money being take before my service was available but if you mail order something it takes time to arrive so no bad feelings.

Hang in there guys, these people are usually on the ball and don't give you too much b**ls**t when you phone.

--
N/A

I'm getting exactly the same thing i.e. connection but no download, and awful service from Plus.Net. They told me everything was fine too, but evidently this is not the case. I had BT out twice to test my line (which was working perfectly!)

> I haven't been able to get any data (can connect) download today, websites just error and the connection appears dead. I raised a ticket and also rang up. Was told all was fine but go through the customer problems page to log a problem.
> Is there anyone else who can connect but not get any data download?
>
> I asked the guy on the phone a bit about what has been happening and he says that on Friday there will be a complete shutdown while they go through the upgrade again....yes again!!. Why again I'm not sure.
> As for time limit, in fairness he said he was told half an hour and ten hours!! He said he didn't believe either of those timeframes.
>
> Lets wait and see...it's all we can do at the moment.
> Oh and the crazy thing that made me laugh tonight, I got my official PlusNet email reminder that they are taking the £22.99 for the next months services in a few days!! lol Services....I like it Cheesy