cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freezing computer slowing me down

N/A

Freezing computer slowing me down

Hello. New to this ADSL stuff. Just got connected to plusnet. Happy with it. One problem. My comp freezes every 30 seconds or so for about 5 seconds and then the "receive" light flashes on the modem and everything is great for the next 30 seconds! Please can anyone tell me what I've done wrong? I'm not technically minded so no big words please!
3 REPLIES
espresso_mick
Grafter

RE: Freezing computer slowing me down

Check the DSL line is secure in the port at the back of the modem.

Be sure the DSL line going into the modem is not filtered, but all other analog telephone devices are filtered.

Not saying this will solve it.....just something to check.

N/A

> snip< My comp freezes every 30 seconds or so for about 5 seconds and then the "receive" light flashes on the modem and everything is great for the next 30 seconds! >snip<

I'm getting this too... altho the freeze lasts for about 20 or 30 seconds, and the gaps between freezes are 2 or 3 minutes, I've submitted a ticket to support about it, if they come up with anything helpful i'll post here. In the meantime u might want to consider raising your own ticket using the customer support link on the left.

kind regards
robert
N/A

Problem appears to be solved now - take a look at

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,82084;root=chat;mode=flat

I'm not sure exactly which setting I changed but it was one of the ones under Network in the Control Panel.