cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free broadband phone minutes

repcomms
Grafter

I subscribe to Broadband premier and apparently get 240 free minutes phone useage.

However, how do I get/use those minutes. There seems no way of registering for them or signing up for them apart from going for an additional VOIP phone package which I don't want.
Also, there seems no way of contacting the "support desk" to ask the question - all the "Help" pages go round in circles and get nowhere - not impressed.

All the "sign up" deals have hyper links but the Free minutes with broadband are dead.

Help please

Thanks
Bob
5 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

I'd forgotten all aobut those. May be worth getting a broadband phone to use them.

Isn't it just going to My account, Account details, and clicking on Activate Broadband Phone?
repcomms
Grafter

Hi Geoff, you may be right as it all seems to be in the My Account section you refer to.
With so many options, tabs, etc I did not check that one. Unfortunately I wonder if I have negated the setup somehow as I clicked on the Broadband PAYG option to see where it lead to and immediately stopped proceeding any further, but have already got a sipp address and a few other IDs.

I also loaded up Skype and have been chatting to a friend overseas - very impressive.

Unfortunately I ordered my router a couple of days before they started offering the "new & improved" better ones with phone sockets so I guess I will be trying yet another black box and adding to the wiring mess near the BT master socket :-(

Cheers

Bob
Alecto
Grafter

I'd assumed they just plugged into a USB socket.
If not, then it will be even longer before I take advantage of my free minutes!! :lol:
repcomms
Grafter

As you say there are those that use the USB socket but some of the latest routers have RJ-11 for conventional type phones.

More time wasted trying to figure it all out and set it up!

Skype does a fancy box (amongst others) that enables the user to switch between the conventional phone connection and the Skype connection on the PC. Of course there is always the dear old headset with a boom mic that plugs into the headphone and mic socket.

Ho Hum !

cheers

Bob
Community Veteran

I purchased a USb mic by logitech and use my pc speakers. You need to download the x-lite software and set it up.

If you look under phonecalls at the top of this page it's tell you how many minutes you have remaining.

Click on view and it'll take to a page with setup and download instructions.

A