cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Regrade ? When ?? Not in april i dont think lol.

N/A

@ ml278

Exactly, and because the easystart packages no longer exist we are stuck in a situation whereby we cannot change at all without having to pay.
The only way in which we will benefit is by waiting.
This is how the process is going to go

April 14th = start of upgrading customers (expected to last 6 weeks)
August = bt will start upgrading all the exchanges which could leave us to wait until as late as september.

If PN are willing to give me the 2mb line now and not limit the bw (to save on the extra charge) then thats fine by me.

It is a rip off though is it not. Are you telling me that if you ran a business you would charge the customer £15 for work that bt has to do and also an extra £15 for you having to inform bt to do it ?
Thats just insane. God help us all if ever PN needed to work for a solid hour, it would bankrupt us all. (due to the over inflated Hourly rate, 3 minute phone call = £15, 60 / 3 = 20 * £15 = £300 an hour Huh Goodness please no.).

@ mineview

I beg to differ. I am looking at a regrade fee of £29.99 in order to regrade to any other plan/tariff that PN offer other than the one I am currently on. I cannot upgrade (in PN's words) as there no longer is an easystart plan. Hence a regrade is required for which I am already looking at £29.99 .

Its an absolute farse, I might have a look see how many other providers actually charge customers for being loyal and switching plans within their service. I cannot see many of them doing this.

Sad All I want is the 2mb line, is that too much to ask ? lol

Tom
14 REPLIES
N/A

Hey all,

I have contacted PN today with regards to upgrading my line as per numerous discussions with PN staff before.
I was originally told that in April when BT start charging by BW instead of speed I could upgrade for free to the max until BT actually upgraded my exchange when I could then upgrade again if need be.
Today however I found out something totally different I will be able to upgrade to the max 2mb connection on the all new fair usage tariff, but there will be a charge. Now normally I would have to pay an upgrade charge, but since I have an easystart package I have to pay a regrade charge ?? (this is double the upgrade charge of £14.99 and stands at £29.99)
I have successfully completed my contract 2 months ago and dont see a need for this.
Further more I asked when would my line be upgraded automatically, well I got 2 different responses.
Response 1 = Sometime in april.
Response 2 = During the summer sometime (June or July possibly)

I have an even bigger problem. I can either pay the £29.99 to get 2mb or I can do nothing and be stuck on 512 until such time they decide to upgrade my line. As no other packages exist for my 'Type of connection' .
Does anybody else see this as unfair and as a total opposite to what PN originally stated.

Tom.
N/A

RE: EasyStart

@ Tom,

My year was completed in January, also being on EasyStart 512 there is no specific FUP package.

EasyStart = Premier 512 Package so we would get what they get i.e. 30GB for £24.99 a month compared to £21.99

I know it is unfair that we pay £24.99, but the most likely choice for us is to pay the £14.99 regrade fee to get the £21.99 Premier package and then wait the next few months for the free upgrade from BT (who seem to be taking the mick).

I did say in another post that I hope a lower GB/usage limit per month is not introduced on top of the 30GB this year e.g. if a 15 or 10GB package came out and we wanted to go on that. Due to PlusNet charging £14.99 everytime your subscription is lowered

I would suggest you wait till the last moment to switch your account whether it be regrade or speed increase. BUT make sure you change the EasyStart to the lower price package before your next bill is due e.g. April or May.
N/A

@ ml278

I know what your saying there.

If however I change my package in anyway at all I will be billed for £29.99 mainly because there is no other easystart package available.
I want to go onto the FUP 30gb plan so that when my exchange finally gets the increase in speed I can obtain this without charge.
I Rarely use 30gb a month now but would still be happy paying £21.99 a month .
However its the £29.99 PN want to charge me for wanting to alter my account in anyway at all that I am annoyed with.
Ok so I want to upgrade/regrade/sidegrade......whatever grade a little earlier and I am prepared to pay the £14.99 to do so. However I am not prepared to pay an additional £15.00 on top of that purely cause my account has a different name to it that everybody elses.
Do you follow me ?

Tom.
N/A

RE: grade whatevers

@ Tom,

From my understanding We have the following choices to make:

Choices
A) Regrade/change to a lower monthly rate
B) Upgrade Speed NOW before BT does the Free Upgrades
C) Wait for BT to do Upgrades

PlusNets probable response
A) That will cost £14.99 for admin fee
B) That will ALSO cost another £14.99 as PlusNet have to pay BT to manually uprade your speed
C) This will be FREE, but could take upto the end of June

OUTCOME
If you want new monthly rate and 2MBIT access it will be the TOTAL for the admin + the Upgrade = £29.99

As it stands we CAN NOT get faster access unless we pay, regardless of the FREE wholesale upgrades that are happening.

I say A and C are the BEST options, it is like you said why pay the £14.99 upgrade fee.
N/A

RE: Extra Fee = Admin Fee

However I am not prepared to pay an additional £15.00 on top of that purely cause my account has a different name to it that everybody elses.
Do you follow me ?

I follow you Wink

Ok, we are on EasyStart which is discontinued

Sure why do we have to pay to come down to the equivalent package :?: , this is based on PlusNet Admin charge policy i.e.

If a customer goes to a lower monthly rate package they will incur a £14.99 admin charge.

It is not just EasyStart customers that will pay to lower their monthy rate but most of those who pay more than £21.99 a month.

Upgrades or going to a higher monthly rate does not incur a £14.99 fee
mineview
Dabbler

I'm puzzled, I have recently regraded from Easy Start (at the end of my first 12 months) to premier 512 for £14.99 and am now paying £21.99 per month.
As the regrading is rolled out (by BT) at some point, hopefully during April, but maybe later as I am on a small exchange, (I beieve BT are doing the larger exchanges first) my line speed will be increased to as near to 2Mb/s as my line will support.
Have you completed 12months on EasyStart ?
If so a regrade fee of £14.99 and a little patience should see you get the 2Mb/s line speed and 30GB peak time download per month for a monthly fee of £21.99
mineview
Dabbler

As I said I regraded from easyStart to premier 512, what I didn't say was I did this just 2 weeks ago.
From this point on no futher regrade fees required to benefit from the speed increases.
Are PN telling you that will not see speed increases if you stay on the easyStart tariff?
The reason I regraded was to cut my monthly fee from £24.99 to £21.99. I was under the impression I would have benefitted from the speed increases even if I stayed on the EasyStart tariff.
I took the EasyStart route, as I expect you did, as it saved me money in the first year. It was cheaper than premier 512 + connection fee + modem/router at the time I joined.
N/A

@ mineview

Nah, I will get the speed increase, im just not sure when. What I am also unsure of is that if I will carry on getting charged £24.99 a month although the bw limit has altered etc.
Might be worth investigating that.
N/A

RE: Does EasyStart still exist

@ Tom,

EasyStart account does still exist and customers will continue to be charged £24.99 until they switch to one of the new accounts Sad

This is where many of the EasyStart customers feel hard done by Evil (and has been numerously discussed on the forums) i.e.

1) Account being changed/shoved over
2) The premier account being slightly cheaper (although they did pay activation costs)
3) Why couldn't people on discontinued accounts be transfered automatically especially when they have been loyal and upheld there one year contract.

As I said in the post above there is nothing we can do, it is in PlusNets policy to charge the admin fee and charge upgrade fee as required by BT.

Why do you think they have not replied in this Topic :?:

With all that said, if you DON'T want to pay an additional £14.99 simply wait Cool
N/A

ok quick question...if you upgrade now to 2mb but your line doesn't support it yet (btw how to you find this out?), then when it does will it automatically allow me to reach those speeds? thnx
mineview
Dabbler

Try this:http://www.bt.com/broadband/bb_availability_result.jsp
The Can you get broadband? box on the left.
N/A

Our initial test on your line indicates that you should be able to have Broadband from BT with speeds up to 2Mb.

yay, thanks for link Wink
N/A

RE: If line supports 2MBIT

@ rollins1234,

You can type your phone number, with area code in the site below:

BT Wholesale Line Speed Check

This should give you a rough estimate
N/A

thanks also :lol: