cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free 2 Mb or more Upgrade soon ?

N/A

Hi, I heard a while ago in the forums that come april or onwards
that there will be a free upgrade to 2 MB or more, any new updates on this and when it will be available,

Thanks CC Smiley
17 REPLIES
N/A

ive just read in the read only part of this forum that it will prolly take them till the summer to fully impliment the line upgrades, anyone else totaly pissed off at waiting so long, why were we told it would be this month if its going to take so long, im seriously considering going to Eclipse broadband.
N/A

I know how you feel, I also feel a little disallusioned. Plus Net did seem to imply that this would be done in the beginning of April.
N/A

Does anyone know if we get notified when the upgrade has happened please?
N/A

I'm sure I read somewhere that you are sent an email about 2 days in advance of the upgrade.
N/A

I believe more information regarding when these will start is due soon.

The delay is in part due to BT over-estimating the demand and work involved from all ISPs. I also beleive the dates being given by BT to many others ISPs are subject to changes.

From memory, the annoucements stated that these upgrades are due to start in april, not that they would be completed in or begin at the start of April.

This is somthing I keep meaning to check.
Sakky
Dabbler

I'm sure I read somewhere that you are sent an email about 2 days in advance of the upgrade.

I been wondering to if we just sit back and wait for PN to upgrade you or you have to manually change it :?
N/A

PlusNet Changes

Maybe the thread I started a few days ago may help answer some questions here:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26534

tonyburns:
im seriously considering going to Eclipse broadband

There are better ISPs im my opinion, but one man's passion is another mans poison etc...

-------
Everything written herein is a personal opinion, as is almost everything on any forum. Although text may be copied from here & quoted elsewhere, it is not and may not be construed as part of any contract between any parties whatsoever. Any quotes taken from this post, or any other by myself, are open to interpretation of the person quoting it, and therefore may be entirely inaccurate in terms of context.
MarkAngel
Grafter

Upgrade Speed

I know that it is well posted that is is going to take a while for the upgrades, but I did notice that under the Connection Settings, if I click on Upgrade the old upgrade screen has changed to the new FUP scheme, does this mean if click upgrade from my 1Mb Premier connection to the Broadband Premier 50GB, will anything actually happen, or will it just set me up for when the Official upgrade happens :?: Is it worth me doing at this stage :?: :roll:

I'll just finish off by saying I've been with Plus Net for a Year and a half now, and I am completely happy with the service, and have recruited several others to the ISP. :lol:
tssk
Grafter

I think we should all step back. look at the fact that not long ago we were (for the most part) using v-e-r-y- slow dialup.

We (broadband users) are very soon going to be allocated double our speeds - or more... and its going to cost you no more - but it would seem impatience is getting hold of quite a few here - but why?

I am looking at posts stating they are going to move to another isp, because they are rolling it out faster or its slightly less money etc etc...

I am certainly not trying to induce a flame on this - but I would say to people, why the hell did you sign up with Plusnet, knowing how they operate as an INDEPENDENT isp, with customer operations far in advance of any of the mainstream isps, willing to look at and act on genuine grievances... WHY would you continually pee on something doing you a favour?

In one form or another, I've stuck with Plusnet since around 1998, they had teething problems with ADSL etc a few years ago... but actually weathered it better than some of the bigger fish... and some of those waited and watched such as Plusnet, to see what they would model their product on - and quite a few have failed miserably.

Its a bit like being a foster parent, they take you in (Plusnet), they look after you, they sort stuff out for you (And they have a relationship with BT - inked in December 2004 I believe - that quite a few other isps envy.)

By no means are Plusnet perfect - but you would be hard pressed to find a isp willing to do what they do for their customers.

Rant over - all that remains from me, is to say that you really should look at what a good deal you've got - you could be with behemoth's like Tiscali or Wannadoo or the myriad other pretend isps that use such as the afore mentioned, as piggy back "money making don't care so long as we've copped your money" companies.

Be sweet and enjoy a good ride... its rare in this day and age.
N/A

It is all a bit confusing though. I've just got an email about fair usage policy. If I'm on 512K account, I get up to 30GB a month, etc etc.
But surely no-one will be on 512K account when we all get upgraded to whatever speed Plusnet state? So what will be the situation then? Who is on what scheme and therefore what data download entitlement do we get?
Plusnet are fine, but it all seems rather badly explained. May be it's just me... Shockedops:
Community Veteran

The email states what allowance you will get on your current speed which in turn is determined by the monthly fee you pay. It has nothing to do with the free speed upgrades and these will not change your FUP allowance on the 14th.
Community Veteran

May be it's just me... Shockedops:

No it’s not just you, the e-mail was a little misleading, or should I say poorly written.

Chilly
N/A

The e-mail was bad.

To clarify am I going to get teh service I signed up for, 2 meg connection 22gig peak limit for £18-19 a monthHuh

Or have plans been changed without informing me?
Community Veteran

Err, what exactly did you sign up for? The 22GB FUP is for the existing homesurf customers. If you are on that package then you signed up for a 512K connection not a 2Mbs connection and you will get a free speed upgrade to 2Mbs initially, and possible more later in the year, but any speed increase is subject to yoru line supporting it.