cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forcibly switched to LLU and now zero service and no support

N/A

Yesterday PN moved my rock solid dsl account from BT to their LLU provider. This was despite me telling them I did not want to move and giving them ovre two weeks notice !!

Well guess what ? Since yesterday I have no dsl connection whatsoever.

Tryong to get hold of someone at PN is impossible on the phone so I had to call to a neighbours to use their PC to raise a ticket.

PN then respond by giving me a load of stuff for me to check at my end. I did this even though I know their is nothing wrong with my setup but hey it's a good delaying tactic from PN. I responded and since then have had zero feedback.

So basically PN bust my dsl yesterday morning and have done nothing to try and fix it.

I can't believe what has happened to PN. I have lost count of the number of people I have recommended to them in the past and I am even a share holder.

It would be funny, but I'm between contracts at the moment and trying to find a new job and having no internet is slightly annoying to say the least.
48 REPLIES
N/A

this mirrors my problem exactly, service down on the day of upgrade, been told to run line tests twice now, but no help or move forward at all.

Not to upset you in any way, but my upgrade was on 28 June, still no joy.

I have now been offered a mac code to migrate to another LLU provider, I have yet to research if there are any out there, as the initial advice from PN was that there were not that many to choose from, hence they would not give a mac code. The ticket answer which said I could have an LLU one didn't actually contain it, unless its in some form of secret code

I have yet to have an answer to a complaint raised via the ticket system a week ago and have since posted the complaint recorded delivery in light of the fact that it had been ignored.

I am going to try a router rather than my PN supplied USB binatone modem, as several forum posts have suggested this may be a good idea, but no suggestions of any action, other than to constantly restest the line, have come from plus net in 3 weeks.
N/A

Nice to know I'm not alone.

BTW , I am using a router so if your problem is the same as mine using a router will make no difference.

There are loads of ISP out there. I suggest you check out www.dslguide.org.uk as it has loads of details/review on ISPs.
N/A

Sorry to say I've been in this situation for almost two weeks now (two weeks on Monday). I've never managed to get through to a person by phone. After a number of tickets and messages on the forum I was called yesterday morning - the problem is with Tiscali in my case. They were going to call me back after speaking to Tiscali but I'm still waiting...
N/A

Re: Forcibly switched to LLU and now zero service and no sup

Yesterday PN moved my rock solid dsl account from BT to their LLU provider. This was despite me telling them I did not want to move and giving them ovre two weeks notice !!

Could you be more specific.
What notices if any did you receive?
Did you receive an email stating that your exchange was going to be upgraded?
Did you receive notice prior to your line being LLU'd?
Did you use the opt out or did you email plusnet asking to be excluded from LLU.

Thanks
Dave
N/A

Hi Dave.

I received an email on Friday 30/6 from PN saying that there would be some changes to my broadband and it would happen on 19/7/06. No mention was made of optout and I have not received any previous email explaining what these changes are and the possibilithy of opting out.

I then spent the weekend reading up what these changes would be and as I was quite happy with my 2mb stable connection I decided I wanted to optout.

On Monday 3/7/06 I raised a ticket with PN as directed by the FAQ and also emailed them requesting that they do not change me to LLU.

PN ignored this ticket for a few days until I nagged them to look at it. They then said it was not possible to opt out at this stage ! I tried kicking up a fuss but PN just blanked me and went ahead and you know the rest. On 19/7/06 my dsl went down and has not returned. Evil
N/A

Sorry jetplan, I've just given up trying to get a straight answer from plusnet and have requested my mac code.

You should have received two notices:-
One to inform you that your exchange was scheduled for 'upgrade' to LLU and another in time to opt out.

It would appear to me that plusnet have changed their minds and count the first email as notification for you to opt out.

They had also stated that should any serious problems occur then they would move the customer back at no charge to themselves. It would appear that this option is no longer forthcoming either.

Read my posts on this at:-
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44113&highlight=
http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,2516.0.html
http://usergroup.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1840.15.html

I wish you luck but in light of plusnet's stance on these matters I really don't hold out much hope on anything but a complete cease and reprovide which would mean that your broadband connection would be subject to some indetermined downtime.

Regards
Dave
N/A

I now have the offer on an LLU MAC code, with some blame taken by PN. Assuming it is a string of numbers/letters they have yet to actually tell me what it is though.

PN state that I can only go to another LLU provider, I've not had a chance to research yet, but anyone know what the choice is ( I don't fancy tiscalli by the way ) a previous message from plus net basically sugested that they were the only one at present, therefore the LLU converted were effectivly stuck.

I am really just after any advice that can be given from current knowledge, I will do a 'dial-up' speed search over the weekend, but if anyone could point me in teh right direction, that would be great.

Thanks for the earlier post re the router, already ordered, so i can't back ot, I'm sure they are really good anyway, I will just have to curb my expectation levels when I plug it in!
N/A

No internet connection

Lost my connection Tuesday 11th July 2006, No internet connectivity for 11 days now.

It all started with regular disconnections every hour after my upgrade to 8meg (only got 3.7meg). I stupidly raised a ticket for PlusNet to look into the issue. They moved me onto DSLMax (what ever that is) and POW, no internet at all.

My current thinking is to cancel and go to another ISP to get back on the net.

Has anyone actually got there connection back? How long did it take?
N/A

Just got this email as soon as I clicked on submit on my last post, freaky.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----Original Message-----
From: PlusNet Customer Support [mailto:autoemail@plus.net]
Sent: 21 July 2006 18:35
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: We have let you down

Your username: xxxxxxxxxx

Dear Darren,

You have played a direct part in PlusNet’s success by recommending us to others. It’s through the support and trust of people like you that we have enjoyed the rapid growth we have experienced in recent years. You are a very valued customer.

In the past few months some customers have experienced a variety of issues with their service. It may well be that you haven’t, so if this is the first you’ve heard then I’ll briefly bring you up to speed. There have been some service issues with the BT 8Mb MAX upgrade programme that have caused some customers problems. Inconsistent with the experience of the trial, and due to systems issues at BT, a large number of faults were raised and as a consequence we experienced backlogs in our support centre. These are now clearing down and will be gone by the end of this weekend.

We also recently suffered power service issues causing network disruption and recently an email service issue which was entirely avoidable and due to human error.

As employees and of course users of our services, we’re painfully aware of the above issues which, if they occurred too frequently, would inevitably lead to you questioning your ability to recommend PlusNet to new customers. It’s all too easy to conclude from all this that we may not have been providing the quality of service that we once were.

What are we doing about it? We have tackled BT in relation to the 8Mb MAX upgrade programme and have delivered fixes to the systems and process issues. We will be restarting the 8Mb MAX upgrade programme in the coming weeks. The fact that we suspended the upgrade programme meant that we stopped adding to our backlog of service issues in the support centre and allowed us to focus on clearing it down.

We’re making sure that should you not be able to get what you need online you can get in touch with a knowledgeable and properly skilled support analyst. To that end we have restructured the support centre resulting in the average quality of the analysts increasing. We are taking on board customer feedback and restructuring parts of our support journeys online, like the Help Assistant and how you find the content that will help you.

PlusNet remains the ISP it always was, everyone here cares deeply about our customers, and we are working hard to fix stuff whilst at the same time developing our platform and products further. We have staff who work round the clock because they want to make things better for the people they see as important – the customers. Not because we make them.

We want you to judge us by our actions and not just our words. You have been one of the foundations of our success and we know we have let you down. Historically service disruption has always been there, but not in the same frequency as the last two or three months. As regards the experience that some customers have had in that period, we are truly sorry. We are determined that this will not go on for any longer and we will make things better.

You may have already come across the PlusNet UserGroup. If not you can find them at http://usergroup.plus.net. This is an excellent way to see more of what’s happening and of driving feedback to us. The Usergroup members are all customers of PlusNet plc, working in a volunteer capacity on behalf of other PlusNet plc customers.

Yours truly,

Alistair Wyse
Technical Director

PlusNet Customer Support

This email has been sent as it contains important information about your service from PlusNet. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address.
N/A

I now have the offer on an LLU MAC code, with some blame taken by PN. Assuming it is a string of numbers/letters they have yet to actually tell me what it is though.

PN state that I can only go to another LLU provider, I've not had a chance to research yet, but anyone know what the choice is ( I don't fancy tiscalli by the way ) a previous message from plus net basically sugested that they were the only one at present, therefore the LLU converted were effectivly stuck.

I'm pleased you have had some success - whether this is a just a small measure of appeasement time will tell.

If you go to:-
http://www.samknows.com/broadband/search.php
It should give a list of LLU providers at your exchange.
Good luck
N/A

I got an email just now that said my connection has been moved

"You should see no change in your service and you don't need to change any settings or your hardware, your broadband will simply continue to work as normal."

Thought as much seeing as since Monday connectivity has been intermitent - hardly had any problems with the ADSL connection itself and now suddenly it's up and down like a yo-yo! :x

Not keen on carrying on with the "Fault Tracker" seeing as it is now asking me to drop my firewall for 2 hours. Do PlusNet compensate me if my PC is infected due to that?
N/A

Thanks Dillons,, Easynet are LLU enabled here, along with tiscali, so thanks for the link, I'm off to find some comments and prices on easynet.

Stephen, I've had my firewall down since my fault started, 29 June, but as I've got no conection at all, I figure I'm probably fairly safe, other than the odd dial up hour or two a day!
N/A

Some progress to report.

PN have acknowledged that there is a problem and there is nothing wrong with my setup.

They have raised a fault with their supplier with a 3 day estimate for a fix/feedback.

Fingers crossed.
N/A

Not wanting to dampen your enthusiasm jetplan, but i have been back to the line provider 3 times now, each one has taken a good 3 days, probably longer, and the response from the first two referals was that they had reset something and I should try the line again.

I'll leave you to guess if anything had improved, now awaiting the third response, but not holding out much hope.