cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder Sharing and bb.

N/A

Folder Sharing and bb.

Hello,
Has anyone encountered the problem of enabling folder sharing on win98 and can provide me with a quick answer.
I've got 512bb, binatone modem(3 lights) and 98.Ive just enabled folder sharing rebooted and no bb,undid the folder sharing and bb is back.
(If poss i want to get on with sharing folders).
Thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

Folder Sharing and bb.

how are you sharing folders? and what for?

if you want to share the contents of ur c drive, it is already shared as

//computername/C$
(same with all hard drives)

if u wanna share across the web use an FTP server such as the free GuildFTPd

www.guildftpd.com

Buz
N/A

Folder Sharing and bb.

Its for sharing with x-box ,i have fxp which would serve my needs but i need it to try another program, which needs a shared folder.
Personally i think its the binatone modem, (the one that thinks its a network card!).
N/A

Folder Sharing and bb.

if ur using the shares from Evox and the like.. such as XBMC / XBMP then ... do

smb://ADMINUSER:ADMINPASS@ip/C$

that should work - and not need you to use file sharing

also

Tools -> folder options -> view -> scroll all the way to the bottom -> untick "use simple file sharing (recomended)" <-- cos its a heap of poo

This will now allow you to share ur files by right clicking folder / share

Buz
N/A

Folder Sharing and bb.

Cheers for the replies buzz ,but the simple file sharing option is not available.
The program is dvd2xbox for copying media to(in this case)my pc's hard drive(as you prob. know). It needs my ip and a shared folder,and i'm not after ways around it (thanks anyway) but i'm more interested in the fact that something to do with bb is clashing with file sharing (networking),this time it doesn't really matter as i've other options but what if i decide to network another pc..............
I've got a bt modem and its nothing like the binatone modem as in it works normally and doesn't pretend to be a network card.I'm betting if i were to put it on file sharing would be ok.
N/A

Folder Sharing and bb.

check to see if enabling file sharing turns on the MS firewall , as this may cause the net to stop working