I'm setting up a PC for a client. He has a Netgear DG834GT router. My problem is that after rebooting the PC (runniing Windows XP), the first DNS Lookup that's performed fails.....so for example, the first requested site in IE fails or if I do a ping to www.google.com, it fails. I have to cause another DNS Lookup to take place to ANOTHER site and it will work. All subsequent requests are fine.
I'm pulling my hair out on this one. I tried specifying the DNS servers manually on the router. I even changed them around. I tried specifying the DNS servers on the PC (changed them from the router address). Nothing works.