cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall

N/A

Firewall

I am up 'n running on ADSL using the US Robotics Modem.

Can anyone recommend a Firewall that I can install without affecting the connection ?
8 REPLIES
chino
Grafter

RE: Firewall

Try Zone Alarm a lot of people like it in the general forum

cUnDaLl

Community Veteran

> Try Zone Alarm a lot of people like it in the general forum
>
> cUnDaLl
>
>
Yup
I'm running zone alarm here and its easy to setup.
Better still is it's free??

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

Another free one to try is Kerio - It was recommended by someone who was having problems with Zone Alarm. I'm using it and it does the business.

Steve
N/A

I am in favour of Outpost as it does let you set rules and has extras in it as well like pop killer. For a full run down on firewalls and to test you system check my page

http://www.mwright.plus.com/drivec.htm

It does have links to most firewalls so you can make your choice

> I am up 'n running on ADSL using the US Robotics Modem.
>
> Can anyone recommend a Firewall that I can install without affecting the connection ?

N/A

Zone Alarm works and most people would recommend it. Most of the mags do. Make sure that you set it up correctly though or like all firewalls it will give problems. Use the Firewall>Main and zones area to add any sites that are trusted and a complimenatry program that gives loads of info on who is trying to or who has hacked you is:www.visualizesoftware.com.see my earlier posting.
filby
Grafter

Tiny Firewall, free and first class.
N/A

Plusnet support have recommended Outpost to me, but I am sticking with Zonealarm until I have time to fully investigate it. Zonealarm is very popular and recommended by grc.com while Outpost has yet to gain enough critical mass for me to just leap in.

Regards

Michael Beard
N/A

One thing about ZoneAlarm and ADSL is that you have to set it to 'allow uncommon protocols at high security' under the advanced button of the firewall tab.

I have posted this before and have tried to get it put into some kind of FAQ.

Regards

Michael Beard