cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firewall

N/A

Firewall

My ADSL has just been activated and I am about to order my modem.

Can anyone recommend a firewall program?

How much do they cost? Where can I get one from?

Thanks
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Firewall

Hello there.......

There are a few i can reccomend but the main one i use is Zone Alarm. a really easy fire wall package to use, pretty much does everything for you. go onto www.google.com and type in zone alarm it will bring up their web site. you have a choise of a few (most you have to pay for and register) but there is a free one that does the job nicely, its basic but that is all you need. hope that was some help...any more info give me a shout back

skrib.........

N/A

Hello there.......

There are a few i can reccomend but the main one i use is Zone Alarm. a really easy fire wall package to use, pretty much does everything for you. go onto www.google.com and type in zone alarm it will bring up their web site. you have a choise of a few (most you have to pay for and register) but there is a free one that does the job nicely, its basic but that is all you need. hope that was some help...any more info give me a shout back

skrib.........

N/A

Thanks for your help, I have found the website at www.zonealarm.co.uk I will go for the free version although I couldn't see any prices for the other two versions on the website.
N/A

No worries, sorry about the double post. I must have hit the button too many times. Hope zone alarm suits you.....its certainly the most self explained fire wall ive used.

Skrib....

N/A

I would download this but when I click on the download now button it brings up a page which states:

We're Sorry...

The page you requested can not be found. Please try again, or use the search engine above.

Can anyone else get into this?Huh
N/A

> Can anyone else get into this??

No, I just tried and got the same result. There was an update to the Pro version within the past few days so maybe the free version is about to follow?

I found ZA available on download.com (URL below)

<http://download.com.com/3000-2092-8034258.html?tag=lst-0-8>

Hth.

--
Slàinte!
Al

[ADSL Home self-install + Asus 6000EV]