cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally sorted

N/A

Finally sorted

I posted on here some time ago about my frustrations with PN. We signed up in March but modem was unable to synch for months and I seemed to be unable to get this resolved, with PN blaming BT but BT saying line tests suggested no issues. The ticketing system and hour long waits to reach the call centre were literally driving me mad. I cancelled my direct debit in July and a bit of a stand off ensued. Next I issued a formal complaint and asked for a reference number for the CISAS, which is the dispute resolution body to which PN (and other ISPs) is signed up. No ISP likes going to CISAS as the Office of Fair Trading monitors the number of disputes logged with CISAS per ISP. From the moment I asked for a CISAS reference number PlusNet issued me with a direct dial to my own customer manager, Nick Silverwood, who was extremely understanding and helpful (in stark contrast to the call centre and ticket responses). Nick ensured that BT finally agreed to send an engineer, who surprise surprise discovered over 1,000 errors in the tests of our external line. BT have now put a new line in, at no cost, and we have an excellent working connection. In addition, Nick got us immediately upgraded to MaxADSL and early signs are that we have a 4.8mbps connection. So my advice to people is, yes the call centre folks at PN are infuriating, but there are some good people there who can sort out customer problems. Thanks very much to Nick Silverwood who in a few weeks has moved me from having no broadband connection, no apparent solution and feeling furious with PN to now having an extremely fast Max ADSL connection and being refunded amounts paid when the service did not operate.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Finally sorted

nice one.. enjoy it Smiley
Midville
Grafter

Finally sorted

Glad to hear....
ady
Grafter

Finally sorted

ahh sweet Cheesy