cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters

N/A

Filters

Hi.

Could support or any other ADSL users recommend any filters for use with ADSL? The only two that I can seem to find anywhere on the net for the UK are the Alcatel ones or the Solwise ones. Is there any difference between the two? Also, why is it that none of the major high street stores stock these filters (I have been to Currys, Dixons and Tandy's). Infact, some of the sales ppl didnt even know what an ADSL filter was or what on earth it could possibly be used for... so if anyone knows any shops that stock them please could you let me know.

Thanks,
Asim.
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Filters

> Hi.
>
> Could support or any other ADSL users recommend any filters for use with ADSL? The only two that I can seem to find anywhere on the net for the UK are the Alcatel ones or the Solwise ones. Is there any difference between the two? Also, why is it that none of the major high street stores stock these filters (I have been to Currys, Dixons and Tandy's). Infact, some of the sales ppl didnt even know what an ADSL filter was or what on earth it could possibly be used for... so if anyone knows any shops that stock them please could you let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Asim.


i got my filters from http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk, for £8.50, and are Bt approved. They do not sell adsl filters seperatly apart from on the internet.

P.S. the filter is made by excelsus technologies
N/A

RE: Filters

I also forgotten to mention the fact that they (the big superstores) sell ADSL modems, but not filters on their own. I looked in all of my own computer shops, and they always seem to point me towards the direction of bigger shops such as dixons.

Also on the website above at dsl warehouse, are pci modems and longer cables.
N/A

RE: Filters

> I also forgotten to mention the fact that they (the big superstores) sell ADSL modems, but not filters on their own. I looked in all of my own computer shops, and they always seem to point me towards the direction of bigger shops such as dixons.
>
> Also on the website above at dsl warehouse, are pci modems and longer cables.
>

Thanks for the info. I recall reading somewhere that there are no BT approved filters, that BT just set standards and filters just meet these standards. I am saying this because if these were BT approved, wouldnt they dish them out with their own equipment instead of the Alcatel ones? Maybe I'm mistaken and these are the ones they give out because they look awfully similar to the Alcatel ones.

Asim.
N/A

RE: Filters

> > I also forgotten to mention the fact that they (the big superstores) sell ADSL modems, but not filters on their own. I looked in all of my own computer shops, and they always seem to point me towards the direction of bigger shops such as dixons.
> >
> > Also on the website above at dsl warehouse, are pci modems and longer cables.
> >
>
> Thanks for the info. I recall reading somewhere that there are no BT approved filters, that BT just set standards and filters just meet these standards. I am saying this because if these were BT approved, wouldnt they dish them out with their own equipment instead of the Alcatel ones? Maybe I'm mistaken and these are the ones they give out because they look awfully similar to the Alcatel ones.
>
> Asim.

Oh by the way, how much was the postage and how soon did they arrive?

N/A

RE: Filters

Hi Asim,
I'm using the Solwise filters...and as you may know I can't connect so I have no idea if they are any good!
But they are availiable from insight.com (formerly action.com)for £8.21 inc VAT
Hope this is of some help :rolleyes
david1969
N/A

RE: Filters

> Hi Asim,
> I'm using the Solwise filters...and as you may know I can't connect so I have no idea if they are any good!
> But they are availiable from insight.com (formerly action.com)for £8.21 inc VAT
> Hope this is of some help :rolleyes
> david1969

The postage and packaging was £5, which i thought was a bit of a rip off, but i changed my mind when it came 2 days later. I ordered 2 microfilters, a long cable and a modem from their. your order of a microfilter including p+p = £13.81, but you could proberably do better somewhere else, anyone else know of a cheaper microfilter?
N/A

RE: Filters

Well I have been using the Solwise ones from Insight for ages with no problems. Time to send yours back i think!


> Hi Asim,
> I'm using the Solwise filters...and as you may know I can't connect so I have no idea if they are any good!
> But they are availiable from insight.com (formerly action.com)for £8.21 inc VAT
> Hope this is of some help :rolleyes
> david1969