cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters ? What filters? HELPPP!!!!

N/A

Filters ? What filters? HELPPP!!!!

I was delighted to get my ADSL line up and running within a week of my initial request,ecstatic about my new Fujitsu modem and delirious with joy when it actually worked first time. But some B*****d always has to spoil it. I can't get the filters to work properly.

I have three outlets. If I put a filter in the main socket, the phone and all attached equipment is fine, but the ADSL modem in my office won't dial out.

If I put a filter on my bedroom phone extension, I get a dial tone, but the message " Please hang up and try again" when I dial out.

If I leave the filter off the main socket both extensions work fine with filters, but of course I get modem noise interfering with the main phone line and my Sky box.

Is this a BT issue or am I overlooking something simple ?
Any advice gratefully received!!!
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Filters ? What filters? HELPPP!!!!

HI Col,
It's Fee here. Sounds like you have some problems - but at least your bloody modem works!! We too were ecstatic, delighted and delirious just at our phone call saying we were ready to go - but our router's a duffer!
CU soon,
Fee (& Pete).

> I was delighted to get my ADSL line up and running within a week of my initial request,ecstatic about my new Fujitsu modem and delirious with joy when it actually worked first time. But some B*****d always has to spoil it. I can't get the filters to work properly.
>
> I have three outlets. If I put a filter in the main socket, the phone and all attached equipment is fine, but the ADSL modem in my office won't dial out.
>
> If I put a filter on my bedroom phone extension, I get a dial tone, but the message " Please hang up and try again" when I dial out.
>
>
> If I leave the filter off the main socket both extensions work fine with filters, but of course I get modem noise interfering with the main phone line and my Sky box.
>
> Is this a BT issue or am I overlooking something simple ?
> Any advice gratefully received!!!

N/A

RE: Filters ? What filters? HELPPP!!!!

> I have three outlets. If I put a filter in the main socket, the phone and all attached equipment is fine, but the ADSL modem in my office won't dial out.
>
> If I put a filter on my bedroom phone extension, I get a dial tone, but the message " Please hang up and try again" when I dial out.
>
>
> If I leave the filter off the main socket both extensions work fine with filters, but of course I get modem noise interfering with the main phone line and my Sky box.
>
> Is this a BT issue or am I overlooking something simple ?
> Any advice gratefully received!!!
It sounds like something to do with the way your extensions are wired. I believe with that model you should not have a splitter before it, so as long as you filter the phone equipment and not the modem you should be ok. Then again, if your extension wiring prevents this you need to look at that.
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..............http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----