cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fax

N/A

Fax

Help- before broadband we had a dedicated fax line, and an analogue line. On changing from IDSN we lost the fax number & now only have one number. We have a fax modem in the computer - but if I have it plugged in, it grabs the phone in 2 rings- if I pick it up then, I get the voice call and a fax warble on top .Surely there is software that can detect whether the incoming call is fax or voice. We also have an answering machine on the same number - and so would like to get voice messgaes !
Help Sad
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Fax

Depending on your account type you could ditch the fax software and use Fax2email which gives you another fax number for people to call.
This fax call is then converted to an email with the fax as an attachment.
Works brilliantly. Cheesy
You can still send faxes using your PC and modem on your line used for ADSL.

Check out your Email settings over on the left of this page.
Community Veteran

Fax

The problem you have is 3 things want to use the line (fax modem, answerphone and you) and each one is independant of each other so will all try and answer the line at the same time.

Your first problem is a separate fax and answerphone will not work on the same line. The only thing that will is a combined voicemail + fax modem so one device is connected to the line not 2 + your normal phone which you can answer.

You can get voicemail & fax modems but they are not as popular are before so you may have difficulty finding one. It will be controlled by your PC or some offer manual voicemail listening and you probably need an extermal voice/fax modem so it can work when your PC is off.

Or you use Plusnet fax receiving service as mentioned above and then only need a normal answerphone. You would not be able to send faxes though.
N/A

Fax

Many thanks, looked at plusfax and seems ideal for my use. Cheesy