Did you mean: 

Faulty Filters

N/A

Faulty Filters

29th November 2002

Ref No. 5660615 User name: nikolai@plusdsl.net
Nikolay Todorov

To whom it may concern:

I applied for ADSL on the 9th of November. Ten days later, the line was activated and I received a Modem and two Splitters, which I was told are not working.
This is why I cannot use a Broadband.

On the 21st of November, I spoke to Dave Watson, a member of your support team and he said he would send me a new splitters. The next day, the 22nd someone was supposed to ring me to tell me when they would arrive.

After three days of waiting, I have to contact you again and they promised me in the next couple of days I would receive new splitters, which five days later, I am still waiting for.

After which, I contacted them again and I was told that they still did not have the new splitters to send to me. I have been told that they do not know when they will have them, so they can send me new ones.

I am paying for Modem and Splitters and I am paying for a Broadband, which I cannot use and no one knows when I will be able to use it.

Is there anyone who can tell me what is going on? Also, should I start looking for a new Internet Service Provider? As right from the start there is no customer service, for which I am already paying you for. I would like to know, who is going to pay for the four hours wait on the Telephone? And the service for which I am paying for, but do not receive. Also, for the faulty hardware?

I need you to contact me and hopefully resolve this problem. I already feel disillusioned and badly let down by you.

Yours Truly

Mr N. Todorov
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Faulty Filters

I am having a similar problem, I have been waiting for new splitters for a week now. They have not
even confirmed that they are going to send me some.

I Would recommend getting one from the B.T Shop,
they cost 11.99 but you should get one in a couple of days.

Their URL is : http://www.btopenworld.dslshop.co.uk/lineonly/filters.asp

I know it's an additional expense but at least you will have a working service.

Although I have been mucked about with the filters, i have always had good support in the past.

John
N/A

I received my hardware (3com officeconnect 612 router and two splitters) yesterday.

Getting the system up was fairly quick and all seemed well, except when I pick up the telephone the ADSL connection drops!
Guess what... the filters are faulty!
I have proven this to be the case by borrowing a filter from a friend with ADSL, and using his filter I can ADSL and telephone at the same time.
I have raised a ticket this morning with PlusNet and hopefully I will get replacement working filters very soon.

Apart from the filters issue the service has been good from PlusNet (10days from signing up to having a working ADSL connection with modem).

Mark Hind
N/A

Hi All
Guess what I am still waiting for my faulty
filters (ycl) to be replaced.
Les

N/A

The YCL filters are not very good.

I just ordered replacements from www.dabs.com

Fujitsu FDX-100 they are around £8 each and are much better.

With the YCL ones, you could hear ADSL noise through the telephone earpeice.

The Fujitsu ones - no noise.

N/A

I've found that buying your own hardware is often the safest bet. PlusNet have done a good job in getting the line activated, but a friend of mine who ordered his filters as part of his starter pack had all sorts of trouble getting his stuff delivered (this was with Force9 BTW) - took him quite a while to sort it all out. Accordingly I bought all my hardware from my regular computer supplier (CCL Computers in Bradford) and everything's worked out fine for me.

GM
N/A

hey everyone,

since this seems to be a widespread problem, why don't we all buy our own (decent) filters, and then demand a refund for the cost from PlusNet. They have provided us with faulty goods after all.

alan

> I've found that buying your own hardware is often the safest bet. PlusNet have done a good job in getting the line activated, but a friend of mine who ordered his filters as part of his starter pack had all sorts of trouble getting his stuff delivered (this was with Force9 BTW) - took him quite a while to sort it all out. Accordingly I bought all my hardware from my regular computer supplier (CCL Computers in Bradford) and everything's worked out fine for me.
>
> GM
>