cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faster ADSL. Why...

N/A

Faster ADSL. Why...

Hello.

Its 3am in the morning, so this will not be up to much, but with hope you will understand as my points are pretty dam simple.

I have one line in my house.
I have ADSL. Im Happy.

I have one line in my house.
I want faster ADSL!

It costs more to upgrade the line.
It is cheaper to get another line in

Why does it cost me £90Per month for a dam 1mbit connection from Plusnet, where i will prolly only get the same upload (30kb). Why is it cheaper for me to get another line in, and another home package.

WHY! WHY! WHY!
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Faster ADSL. Why...

where i will prolly only get the same upload (30kb). Why is it cheaper for me to get another line in, and another home package.
>
> WHY! WHY! WHY!

Upstream speeds are the same for all ADSL packages on plusnet about (30kb), its only the downstream speeds that change from 512k to 2mbs on business packages.

I think upstream speeds change when you go onto leased lines but they take a big jump in price though

--
MICROSOFT = Most Intelligent Customers Realize Our Software Only Fools
Teenagers
N/A

RE: Faster ADSL. Why...

> Why does it cost me £90Per month for a dam 1mbit connection from Plusnet, where i will prolly only get the same upload (30kb). Why is it cheaper for me to get another line in, and another home package.
>
> WHY! WHY! WHY!

Good Afternoon,

Because the contention ratio of the 1Mb connection is 20:1 and not 50:1 (i.e. 20 users sharing 1Mb rather than 50 users sharing the 500Kb).

See the BT price list below for further information.

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/current/docs/Broadband/sectoc.htm

Section 1 & 2 are for BT install products, sections 9 & 10 are Self Install products.

Regards,
Duncan.