cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to load some web pages I need help (BELKIN MODEM)

stribs
Dabbler

I am not sure if this is in the correct forum. I had a Voyager 105 USB modem that kept dropping the connection, PlusNet could not solve the problem but in discussions with them said a new modem may help. I have bought a BELKIN G+ MIMO wireless Modem Router although at present it is only used wired. The problem is I can load some web pages like PLUSNET and others I visit but some like SCREWFIX & NECTAR just sit with the waiting for (and web page details). I have tried both IE6 and FIREFOX and both get the same result. Can any one help please.
5 REPLIES
N/A

That sounds like DNS issues.

I had problems all weekend. I have chnaged mine to use a DNS server other than PlusNets, as I am at work can't remember the IP. If you search forums for DNS I'm sure you will find posts that mention it.
stribs
Dabbler

Thank you I did look at the settings in the modem/router and noticed that the DNS settings were default. I will search for the DNS number.
stribs
Dabbler

I still appear to be having problems. I have tried the PlusNet DNS server, the OPENDNS server and even resolved the dns myself and keyed in http://213.174.202.198 (for Nectar) in IE6 I get a message that www.nectar.com is trying to save a cookie which I allow. The message at the bottom of IE6 says opening page but then times out. It appears to be about 10% of my favorites/bookmarks that it are affecting, I also notice that one out of the six RSS links in Firefox is not loading but the others are.
stribs
Dabbler

Additional information:- Some of the software that get auto updates work some cannot connect to the site. Window update is not able to find the update web page, and WMP 11 is not able to connect to get updates etc. It does not appear to be secure sites that I cannot get into as I can access my bank
craiglay
Grafter

Somewhere around here, it has been said that changing your MTU and other settings may cause certain sites to fail like this. This can be changed manually or by a "optimizer" program. Google for info on how to check this in windows. Also check your routers settings for the MTU. Mines at 1458 and everythings fine.

Craig