cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed Router Diagnostics Test

N/A

I've just run a diagnostics test on my USR modem/router, the test came up with the following:

Test your Ethernet Connection: PASS

Test ADSL Synchronization: PASS
Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL
Test ATM OAM F5 end-to-end ping: PASS

Test PPP server session: PASS
Test authentication with ISP: PASS
Test the assigned IP address: PASS
Ping default gateway: PASS
Ping primary Domain Name Server: PASS

Does (Test ATM OAM F5 segment ping: FAIL ) mean that I have a problem or is it normal for this test to fail :?:
3 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

No idea what it means.

But if everything appears to be working fine. I wouldn't worry. Wink
N/A

I wouldn't worry about it if it doesn't affect your ADSL connection. It seems only certain modems/routers have that diagnostic test.. more info:

ATM OAM F5 Segment Loop Back

This test sends ATM OAM F5 Segment loop back request cells to the central office equipments through your DSL connection. This test will pass if response cell is received. Since your service provider might not support this test, your DSL modem could still work even if this test fails.

If this test fails consistently and your DSL modem seems to not be working, check to make sure the VPI and VCI are configured correctly.

This test returns FAIL if the DSL synchronization test failed.
N/A

All appears to be working correctly, overall speed appears good apart from torrent downloads, I know there have been issues here with throttling P2P on Premier Sad I was wondering if the error message could be a contributing factor to slow torrent speeds ?