cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FUP Again

N/A

FUP Again

I am still trying to ge tmy head aroud the FUP. The problem is it now turns an enjoyable internet connection into a nightmare having to check your limits everyday.

As all the accounts have now changed and some info not updated its hard to see were we are and what account to get.

My problem is I have used 31gig 33gig & 33gig over the last 3 months This all depends on the kids as they have ben off for a week we use more of the net. I have gone on the premier account with 30 gig limit. I dont realy want to upgrade to the £29.99 as I am only slightly over.

If the kids were at school I would be probally ok. Can we no longer buy a couple of extra gig? I think most people dont want the hassle of FUP and would be happy to pay a couple of quid extra if they go slightly over the limit. I assume there are few like me who may be slightly over the limit every month but not enough to upgarde to the next level which is a extra 20 gig.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

FUP Again

It is only if you exceed the limit 3 times and reach FUP level 3 that you will be affected (speed limited to 150Kbs), and only then you can buy additional GBs you want. It is not possible (or necessary) too purchase additional GB when on level 1 or 2 as the FUP does allow you to exceed your allowance within the scope of the FUP package.

Yu will also receive an email each time you exceed your FUP threashold so you don't have to watch your stats daily.
N/A

FUP Again

I was being honest. On current trends I will be 3 gig over every month so would be happy to pay a coupl eof extra quid for say 35 gig so I dont have to worry all the time.

I think a lot of people are worried about whats going to happen and will be nervously watching their useage hourly spoiling the internet
N/A

FUP Again

At present, your uploads are included in your usage (you upload data to the net constantly). Under FUP, this will NOT be included (from the email I received anyway) so you should save a couple of GB minimum there maybe more. Also if you do any downloads, just schedule them for 1-8am and you will have no problems whatsoever.

The FUP (as far as I understand it) will not affect most people, what Plusnet are trying to do is remove the loss making customers or bring them into line. I'm positive they aren't trying to lose their bread and butter customers or worry them, just trying to ensure that everyone can get the same level of service from their connection.
N/A

FUP Again

what Plusnet are trying to do is remove the loss making customers

This is precisely my point; I am a Premier customer, so I guess I am one of the "alleged" loss making customers, but that is not my fault. If PlusNet didn't do their sums right when they offered this service, why should I, or any one else for that matter, be penalised?? You can't offer Premier service and then moan about it later, it's just tough! They should have worked all this out using some forward planning before considering offering a Premier service.